Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Monday morning crept up too soon and I was dreading going into that building. I walked in with Jack and we stuck together as much as possible. He kept my mind away from it all as much as he could and if he saw Nathan coming he'd warn me and we'd dodge him. Math was a bit harder though. Jack had another class and so I sat as far away from him as possible.

He came up to me after but I ignored him running out of the room practically.

By the end of the day I had only seen him that once so it wasn't as bad as I thought it might be but it was exhausting dodging him all day.

A Week Later

It's been a week since I last talked to Nathan and I had no plans on talking to him.

It was Sunday and I just got back from work and Jack had been gone out of town all weekend so he and I only snuck in the occasional text. It was a family weekend.

I ordered some Italian and watched some movies. I heard the door and not thought too much about it and opened it. He was standing there. I went to close the door but he stopped it. "Go away." I said.

"No! You won't talk to me and you keep avoiding me. We need to talk."

"I have nothing to say to you."

"Well I have something to say to you."

I pouted. "I don't care."

"Well you're going to fucking listen to me Sophie Renee so shut up and listen."

With that I stood there. He was being assertive and that was a bit hot. No Sophie stop.

"I'm sorry Soph, I always cared. You said I was either oblivious or I didn't care. I did and do care. I should have seen the hints you were giving me. I obviously saw some of them but I shrugged them off because I thought I was imagining shit. Then you bent over in front of me. If I had been drinking or eating anything I would have choked because I was so shocked."

"Why did you just leave that day then? If you didn't want me then you should have just said. I would have been sad but less than I am now." I looked down at the floor.

"Oh Sophie, god I left quickly because you got me hard. I didn't want you or anyone else to see that. I wasn't sure if you had done it on purpose. I figured maybe but then I told myself you'd never do that for me. I'm not the guy that any girl goes for let alone someone as beautiful, sexy, intelligent, funny, adorable and insanely kind but so fiery as you. Matt was right, you are completely out of my league and I don't deserve you. I mean look at you and then look at me. You're in shorts and a tank top and you look sexier than ever."

I stared at him in awe. "What about Beth though? She wants you. She's so much smarter than me, way prettier and probably more fun."

He scoffed. "God you really don't see what we all see do you? She's smart yes. Smarter than you, not really. Pretty isn't the word for you. Hell gorgeous or beautiful doesn't even cover it. No one is more fun than you. She was a distraction because I never thought I could have you. I wanted to take you to the dance but I figured you were going with someone and so when you asked I thought you meant was I going. If I had known you were asking I would have dumped her in a heartbeat for you. When you hit her and me I didn't know what set you off until Jack told me that it was the kiss. That's all he said though he didn't tell me how you felt. I came to get answers and I got them but I never thought in a million years I'd hear those words from your beautiful lips. I felt terrible because none of this would have happened had I just got the nerve to ask you instead of her. I'm so fucking sorry and I never meant to hurt you. I also thought you should know I love you too. The moment you smiled at me I think I fell for you."