Gift

I froze.I felt I was in another world,alone.Then I heard Amy's voice.

"Abi,is it Aeron?What did he say?"

I looked at them and said,"He-he can't go.Something came up."

Erik said that we should all go home.And so,we did.

By the time I got home,mom was already there.

"So,how did your birthday go?"

"Just fine.."I said while climbing the stairs.I feel lazy since I got his call.I was thinking hard.Like,'what came up' or 'why was there 'date' moved'

This day was really important to me.He promised me that he would come.And yet why?Why was he together with Agnes?Then I didn't realize I was already sleeping.

I was awaken by a loud crash.Once I got out bed,I to the bathroom to have my bath.By the time I was finished dressing up,someone knocked the door.When I opened,Aeron was standing there.His mouth wore a beautiful smile.

"Aeron,what are you doing here?"

"Remember what I said yesterday?"he smirked while asking.

"T-that you were together with Agnes?"I answered.

"No,not that!"he exclaimed.

"Then what?!"I shouted.

"About the gift,"he said while looking at me.

Here I was again,frozen.I completely forgot about the "gift" part.I was thinking hard about what were they doing.

"Here.This is my gift,"he handed a box.It has holes in it.I was about to ask him what was inside of it but then,I heard something was scratching it and a bark.

"Wait,that can't be...?"I said surprisingly.

"Yup,it's a dog,"he said.

To my excitement,I jumped up and down because of joy.I grabbed the box and snatched it away.He followed me all through the couch and sat beside me.As I opened the box,it was a puppy husky.A miniature husky.It's fur was white with gray and black color.It's eyes were blue.

"Well it's a boy,"he said while petting it,"name it already."

"I want to name it Cloud,"I said.

"Cloud?Why did you give it a name like that?"he asked.

"Because when you look into it's eyes,you feel like your in heaven full of clouds,"I answered.

"Well,okay."