Chapter 9

"eshaaaaaaa woke up u lazy ass" Mariyum's voice woke me up "go away lemme sleep" i groaned

"it's 9 am don't you have office today?" Mariyum says shaking me. "

Oh my Allah no no no" panicking i jumped out of the bed and without glancing at my watch I run to my wardrobe and to washroom i took a quick shower just then Mariyum's voice caught my attention "baby it's just 7:30 relax".
"bitch....uuuurrrgh just wait..!" i groaned

"hahahahah" she laughed from other side of the door. I mentally laugh on her childish behavior. Honestly she has subsided my mom's grief in no time.

Flashback (four years ago)
"esha...my... My dad esha he...he's leaving us...doc..doctors diagnosed can...cancer...and-"

Mariyum run to me crying and was telling about her father's disease but I know that already, her mother told us every thing and requested not to tell marium and we respect her decision and didn't told her.

Actually my dad and Mariyum's dad were friends more than friends actually like a brothers and shifted to New York together so in that way both of us are childhood friends as well.

She was the only child of her parents and live a life of princess but when she was 17 doctors told her mother that her father has only two, or maybe one month but by the grace of Allah he survived 4 months but now doctors are helpless in his case and told everyone to pray for him because he's in so much pain.

"sssshh Mariyum it's... It's ok please don't cry..he's going to be ok, go wash your face, will you see him in like this? All messy?" i try to comfort her but I was also crying because I loved him like Dad i even call him dady.

"Esha" dad came and stood on my door and gesture me to come i went

"he passed away, doctors just called me" dad said in shaky voice, and teary eyes.

"inna Lil lahi wa inna ilaihi rajioun" i recite a dua when we lost someone.

"i...I can't tell her...dad" i said crying.

"you have to, only you can do this please" dad hold my hand and patted my head he then turn and went.

I turned to see Mariyum but she had listened everything till then and was just standing near washroom door.

I went to her and hugged her tightly and she screamed so loud... Her voice was ripping off my soul that i was cursing why this happened to her.

"Mariyum... Marium wake up....." i slap her over her face as she knocked out. "dad.... mom" i shouted.

We hurriedly took her to the hospital. Doctor checked her and told us that's because of her father, she took a deep shock.

Few months later she rejoin school but didn't get back to her normal life she barely talked, we become just like strangers in same room.

Even she stopped speaking to her mom.

Aunty try so hard to speak to her but she just don't answer her neither me so she thought may be she need father's attention so decided for her second marriage.

And soon after her iddat she got married. Her step dad never treated her right and in absence of her mom tried to abuse her and thankfully she told me that and I told to dad.

Mom tried to tell her mother everything but she didn't believe and soon we realized that her mother does all this purposely because she wanted to be with the person she remarried.