Chapter Two

Chapter two

"What do you want gale?" I asked with a hint of attitude. I haven't seen him since I got back which was only about an hour and half ago. He comes to my home and hits me. I know it wasn't intentional but I have a feeling that since the games nothing is going to be the same. Gale is going to hate Peeta so doing what he did to me and Peeta is going to be his calm and gentle self and take whatever Gale throws at him. I mean he's been in the hunger games, I think he can take a few punches off Gale but I know Peeta wont go down without a fight especially if it has something to do with me. I still don't get why, He should be moving on not staying put with me, the girl on fire. Also known as the girl who broke his heart.

"I wanted to come give you a welcome back. I've missed you Catnip." To be honest, I missed him to but I don't know if I missed him so much that I would go see him straight away. I hadn't even thought to do and find him, I've been to stuck on Peeta and Prim.

"I missed you too Gale but I need you to leave. I'm having a catch up with my family and would appreciate it if you could come back tomorrow. Thanks." I slammed the door shut in his face before he had time to answer.

"Katniss!" He yelled through the door. I ignore it for a minute or two and then realised how harsh I was being. I should be nice to him, he hasn't seen me in a while, Only in the horrific games.

I opened the door again to give him the benefit of the doubt. "What?" I asked my voice lowering.

"I need to tell you something and I would like to do it in person, so if you don't mind..." He motioned his head in the direction of the door and I followed him out.

"What is it you need to tell me Gale?" I asked. I had a feeling I knew what the was going to tell me but I hope it isn't because if it is. I'm stuck.

"Okay, Promise not to freak out, promise you'll understand where I'm coming from," I nodded. " I love you Catnip, I have ever since I first met you when you were 11, when you were shy to be friends with me." He said.

I knew it. I knew this was what he was going to say because before I went into the games, we were always together and people thought we were getting very cosy with each other. The obviously the games came between us and I started to fall for Peeta.

"Gale I-" I was cut off by the feeing of rough lips upon mine. I was frozen in shock for a second before I started to squirm in his hold trying to free my lips from his and his hands from my breasts.

"Hey Hawthorne"? He pulled away from my lips and we both saw Peeta coming to my rescue once again.

"Mellark, I was in the middle of something." His voice hinted with a little agitation.

"Yeah, you were but I don't feel comfortable watching you molest Katniss on the side of her house So if you would leave so she can spend time with her family. That would be nice." Again. Peeta was doing it again. Being nice to Gale even though he just watched him molest me .

It all happened so fast. Gale had punched Peeta in the jaw sending him to the floor with a hard impact. Peeta was at a disadvantage because of his leg, He was still getting used to walking on a prosthetic leg.

Peeta's natural instinct was to punch him back then they were in a full wrestle match. I was hoping Peeta wasn't too hurt because again he would just be protecting me from getting hurt and yet, I couldn't do anything to stop him from getting hurt.

I looked at the pile of men and saw Gale struggling tog et up and Peeta was laid motionless on the cobbled ground.

"Peeta?" I whispered. "Peeta!" I screamed louder rushing over to him. I noticed his chest was still moving but, I was scared he was going to be damaged forever now.

My Mom must have heard me scream or been watching out the window as she rushed out to Peeta's aid. This was a plus to having a nurse as a mother. Peeta wasn't moving at all, the only thing that moved was his chest as he inhaled then exhaled.

"Is he going to be okay?" I whimpered. I was scared. I needed Peeta he was my rock.

"He's going to be fine, he just needs to rest. I promise." My Mom soothed. I smiled and hugged her tight.

"Thanks Mom," I said. "Is it okay if I go up and see him?" I asked. I hoped that she was going to say yes because knowing he is only up the stairs in my house was really tempting and if I could see him then I was going to go insane especially since he's located in my room.

"Of Course, I'm sure he's rather wake up to your face and not Haymitch's" She laughed. It took me by surprise.She hasnt laughed since my father died.

"Thanks." I squealed and ran up the stairs into my room to find Peeta laid there still with bandages all over his body. I felt tears trickling down my cheeks.

"I'm so sorry Peeta." I whispered resting my head on his chest getting comfortable curled up against him. I listened to his steady heartbeat and it filled me with hope. Hope that he will wake up. Hope he will still love me after this. Hope that I can tell him how I feel...