Chapter Five

Chapter five.

I walked home without waiting for Peeta, I was too angry to even talk to him right now, I think that if I did, I would blow up at him too and I cant risk losing our relationship because of this.

I walked through the district people staring as I stormed past them with a hard cold face. I realised then they were watching Peeta try to catch up to me. I turned to faec him.

I softened as I saw his cheek. I wrapped my arms around him giving people a show of our relationship.

"I'm sorry."I mumbled into his shirt as he stroked my hair.

"It's Okay Katniss, she provoked you I'm not mad at you, I'm mad at her." He whispered.

"You're not?" I asked as I pulled my head up from his chest. He shook his head slightly. I smiled. "Can we go home?" I asked before linking hands with him and trudging through the district talking in a hushed tone. The other members of district twelve watched as we walked past them.

"Oh My God. Peeta what happened to your cheek?" Someone from the crowd yelled out. We ignored them and took off running towards victors village. Peeta was stumbling due to his prosthetic leg. I slowed down as we neared the gate.

"How are we going to explain this..."He motioned to his cheek. "To Haymitch and your family?" He asked. I knew that when it came to the abuse he receives from his family he gets insecure about it and I know that he feels that because he won the Hunger games,he is titled to be strong and able to defend himself from his own mother. He just hasn't got the strength to hurt anyone, the only reason he killed in the games was when it came to extreme measures.

"I don't know but my Mom and Prim can help you take down the swelling. Come on." I told him dragging him into my house.

"Mom! Prim! I'm home!" I shouted through the house. Prim cam bouncing from up stairs and my Mom came walking in from the kitchen.

"Hi guys." My Mom said. I was glad she didn't notice the bruise forming on his right cheek.

"Hey, Um could you help us?" I asked. I know Peeta doesn't want help because he's dealt with it all his life but I don't like to be reminded that his mother beats him.

"Sure, with what?" She asked. Peeta for the first time since we've been there, looked up and the light hit his face showing off his purple bruise.

"Peeta!" Prim Exclaimed. "What happened?" She asked.

I looked at him and saw he wasn't going to answer any time soon. "Two words, Edna Mellark." I told them. I saw my Mom roll her eyes.

"Of Course..." She scoffed. I was shocked, she was never hateful towards anyone a lot like Peeta and Prim but for some strange reason this time I could see hate build up in her eyes.

"Yeah, Graham argued with her to be nice to me."I explained and I swore I could see her smile for the first time since my dad died 5 years ago. "You still like him don;t you?" I asked softly as Peeta and Prim moved into the kitchen leaving me and Mom alone.

"Yeah..." She sighed. I smiled gently. "But we can never be together." She added. What did she mean they couldn't be together? Is it because he's married? Or is it because she hasn't gotten over dad yet?

"Why?" I asked. I was a little curious on why they couldn't be together.

"Because you and Peeta are together and if you're together we cant be and I'm not taking away your happiness to be with him. You are more important to me then any relationship. Plus if I was with his dad and you were with Peeta, it would be classed as incest." She explained. "And President snow will kill you both if you ended your relationship or even came out to be brother and sister." She continued.

"Mom Peeta and I aren't together." I protested.

I felt a little upset that my Mom couldn't have her happiness because I was demanded to have mine. I wanted my Mom to move on from my dad and if that means her being with Graham then so be it. I'm going to make it happen.

" And what if you don't tell anyone? Or pretend he wasn't his father?" I asked. She shook her head.

"It wouldn't work. I'm okay with it Katniss, me and Graham can just be friends." She said and walked into the kitchen as I fell back against the sofa and rubbed my hands over my face with a groan.

"Are you okay?" It was Peeta. He plopped down next to me wrapping his arm around me. I know that we weren't a couple yet but I loved having his arms around me and thankfully he was comfortable around me even after everything I said on the train ride home.

"Yeah I'm fine. I just don't want my Mom to be miserable and hold on to my dad if she can have Graham." I mumbled into his shirt. I curled up tighter against him. I heard him respond but it sounded miles away.

I let my eyes drop into darkness.

"Hi twelve."It was Cato. I was back in the games with Peeta by my side. "No before I kill you both, I want to do something.." He trailed off.

Cato grabbed me and started to touch my neck before slowly pushing his head down onto my neck and began to nip at it. I bit my lip to stop me from screaming out.

"Come on Katniss, you like this admit it." He whispered. He used his knife to cut open my shirt and my pants, I was now just in my underwear. It was all going so fast, the next thing I knew I was screaming in pain as he entered my virgin pussy.

"AHHHHH!" I screamed shooting up in my bed. I thought I fell asleep with Peeta on the couch maybe he carried me up stairs and put me safe in bed.

As I pulled the covers back I noticed I was still in the clothes from the day before so I knew straight away that Peeta put me to bed being to nice and a gentleman and not changing me.

I stretched knowing I wasn't getting back to sleep so I quietly walked down the stairs and sat on a bench opposite my one true love's house.