Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter 22

The next day I woke up bright and early even before Peeta. That has never happened before. He was also up before dawn yet today he seemed to have let loose a little bit. Maybe because he knows he doesn't have to get up for work every morning. I sit in silence for a few minutes watching as Peeta's chest rise and falls slowly as he slept. I was memorised but also worried about waking up one day and his chest isn't moving. He's pale and as still as a stone. That is one of my worst nightmares. Awake he seems tense about almost everything, especially if Gale's name comes up, I have to watch what I say around him. Sometimes I can be walking on egg shells.

"That's really scary." Peeta's groggy voice said as I saw his eyes open.

"Sorry, But I like watching you sleep. You look handsome sleeping even more handsome awake though."I said with a smile.

"I was having a dream. We were both parents and loved going t the beach splashing around in the water and having a picnic in the sunset."He said smiling wide. I was shocked he didn't break his jaw because his grin kept growing.

"You want kids?" I asked. I straddled his legs feeling his erection on my thigh. I giggled. He nodded rapidly. "Let's make some babies." I said saucily. He puled the covers back over us and spent hours of baby making.

Hours later when we finally finished and showered, we got dressed. Peeta made me stay in the house while he went to prepare something on the beach. It was really boring not having Peeta to talk to. I never realised how much I depended on Peeta to be there with me at all times. So I sat down and watched a little television. That wasn't much help, they were still broadcasting the wedding and how amazingly successful it turned out. How I looked beautiful in my dress. It was a load of lies. I didn't get a choice in my wedding dress Snow chose it and the venue. We didn't get a choice in any of the wedding preparations. I really wanted to plan the day out with Effie and have say in what happened. Peeta believe I'm beautiful in anything I wear or anything I do but I disagree.

I sat around the house bored out of my mind. Normally with Peeta, he'll be teaching me the basics in painting or I'll sit and watch him cook focusing on how his hands kneads the bread softly.

"Katniss?" His voice came through the door. "Are you ready?"

"Yes!" I exclaimed rising towards the door, happy to finally be out o the house and back in the company of Peeta.

"You're very excited." He commented.

"That's because I've been trapped in the house all morning and I want to spend it with you."I pouted, he just laughed.

"I promise, it was worth the wait."He said. I let him guide me to the sand watching the sea and the waves crashing into the rocks creating a calm soothing sound. There was a blanket full of food placed neatly with candles surrounding it. It was very romantic but I didn't really expect anything less off Peeta. He was a hopeless romantic but I was lucky to have him.

"It's beautiful."I breathed as I sat on the soft blanket in the sand. He sat next to me wrapping his arms around me tightly as if he was trying to protect me. I looked around and noticed we were the only two on the beach. Had Peeta asked Finnick to keep everyone off this part of the beach so we weren't bombarded by Cameras or fas wanting to ask questions? Did he really make sure no one was to come on this part of the beach so we could have a romantic stress free day?

"Glad you like it. You know I'll do anything for you."He said kissing my forehead and moving down to peck the tip of my nose.

For the next few hours, We were sitting, Laughing, laying and eating. It was definitely an amazing after noon. I loved it. It was a great way to start my time as president. Peeta is really thoughtful. I know how tonight is going to end. The two of us will be making sweet passionate love in our bed for the weekend.

At one point, we were eating cheese and the next minute my head had face planted the creamy topping. He was in hysterics and began to lick it off my face He said and I quote 'mmmm... You taste very sweet this afternoon. I might have to have all of you.That comment was supposed to have a different meaning and I knew what he meant. It wasn't the first time he told me I tasted nice but then we were frisky. I know from how he whispered it in my ear, I began to get wet and horny.

As the sun began to set, Peeta watched as I was memorised my the colours merging into one. The way the sea reflected the sun was beautiful. I can see why Peeta leaves the colour orange. It was amazing. I think it could be my favourite colour too now that I have no woods to go hunting in once I move to the Capitol. As the sky cast a purple/ Pink the sun went in and the moon and stars appeared above me.

He turned my head up to face him and reached my lips. I was definitely in love. I mean he was kissing me on the beach in the sunset, that was one of my spots I want to be kissed before I died. He remember from the train to the Capitol when I knew I could die within a few days. But I knew there was no way that would happen because we weren't in the Capitol to fulfil some dreams we had. We were there to fight until only one person still stands.

"Come on, lets go in."He said.

"What about all this?" I asked gesturing to all the food.

"Finnicks on clean up duty. He said he would clean it up so we could have some time to get down and dirty." He smirked. I shot up and pulled him with me being careful of his prosthetic leg.

We spend the majority of the weekend making love and enjoying eahc others company. He wanted to have kids so I let him cum inside me with no protective barrier because I wanted to give him what he wanted incase he left me for not satisfying his needs.