Chapter Nineteen

Chapter 19

It's been a few hours since I found out I only had a week to become Mrs Katniss Mellark. We were also told we had to marry as soon as possible because we need to have a honeymoon before the carnation they have to announce me as the new president.

I was still freaking out. I didn't know what I was supposed to do I mean I love Peeta and I know that I wouldn't regret it if I had to marry him but I don't want to be forced into the marriage. I wanted to have a long engagement and have the wedding of my dreams. Effie had prepared everything so that we were getting married in under 24 hours. Here I am now sat with Effie and the others preparing the wedding. The cost automatically goes to Snow. He was paying for all expenses.

"Okay, so colour?" She asked looking between Peeta and I.

"Green."Peeta said but at the same time I said. "Orange." It was each others favourite colour. I loved green because of the forest and the woods. Orange was Peeta's because of the sunset.

"Urgh Really?" Effie asked wrinkling her nose. I knew that she obviously didnt approve of the two colours we have asked for.

"What? Orange is Peeta's favourite colour and if you're forcing us to get married in a few hours I would like to have at least the colour of our choice."I stated firmly, I wasn't going to let this go over her head. If I couldn't get my dram wedding, I wanted at least this.

"Okay, I was just thinking that maybe a pink would be a better colour for a wedding. I mean it's important for a girl to have a magical wedding. You only get married once." I started at her in disbelief.

"Pink?"

"Yeah, you're a girl. You like pink right?" She asked cocking her head as if he was a dog.

"No. I don't like Pink."I said shaking my head.

"Okay. Fine. Have it your way."She said sitting back sulking. The thing that surprised me was that she slouched in her chair. Normally she's on our back about manners yet she's allowed to slouch down in an inappropriate manner.

"God Effie where's your manners?" I muttered. Peeta burst into laughter along with Haymitch who obviously heard. Everyone else looked lost. They were clueless.

"What?"Rye asked confused.

"Nothing."Peeta snickered.

We spent the next four hours preparing for the wedding. The colour scheme was orange I persuaded Peeta out o using green. (If you know what I mean.) We were going for a fire theme to remind them of the games when I was the girl on fire. Cinna and Portia already had suits and wedding dresses designed. He wanted me to have the final say in how the design looked. I know whatever designed they had prepared. We were going to look stunning wearing them.