six

{sorry for the late update, KINDA}

-

"hey harry. you ready to go?" louis asks, wiping his face. he had just changed from his soccer uniform.

"yeah. hey, do you mind if we practiced over at your house?" harry says, unlocking his jeep.

"Uh, can we not do it over at yours?" louis asks, he really didn't want harry to come over and have his mom ask him a thousand questions, and see how poor louis was.

"my mom's having some of her friends over and i can't go over til around six." harry explains, as louis looks at the time. it was four forty-five, so harry would have to stay two hours.

"my mom doesn't really like me having friends over..." the smaller lad trails. it wasn't a complete lie, his mom didn't really like a bunch of friends over.

"well it is for a lesson. i'm sure she won't mind." harry turns down his street.

"harry." louis whines. he really didn't want to practice over at his house.

"fine. how about we skip this lesson, and go grab some dinner?"

"okay..i'm sorry harry." louis apologizes, rubbing his head.

"it's fine lou. really. let's just practice over at my house this weekend, yeah?" harry looks over at him when stopped by a red light.

"yeah. that works. my aunt's wedding isn't for another four weeks." louis nods.

"oh cool, are you excited for it?" harry makes a turn.

"i mean, it's alright. but my mom makes me takes dates."

"you don't like that?"

"well i wouldn't mind it, but they're girls i take." louis picks at his fingers.

"oh? does your mom not know about your sexuality?" harry questions, eyebrows furrowing.

"well she does has for quite awhile now. but she hasn't gotten it through her head, i guess some of it has to do with grandchildren."

"does she not know about adopting?"

"of course, i just think she would want one with her genes."

they stay quiet for a few minutes, until harry pulls in at a pizza parlor. both boys enter sitting at a booth.

"it's getting chilly outside." harry comments, after they order.

"well it's almost december." louis teases.

"what do you want for christmas?"

"nothing really, new soccer things. ed sheeran is coming to town and i would love to see him, but i know i won't be able to see him."

"well why not?"

"my mom has to buy gifts for my sisters, and it's just a busy season, with the hospital and then my birthday and christmas coming up."

"what about your dad?" harry asks, louis is about to respond until the waitress comes back with their food and drinks. harry thanks her, then looks right back louis, waiting for him to continue as he takes a bite.

"he left us awhile ago. my mom had to raise me and four girls by herself. i had to help too, i wanted too. drop the girls off at school, pick them up."

"must've been hard." harry comments.

"it was. but everything is alright now, not the best but we're getting there." louis takes a bite then asks, "what about you? what's your family like?"

"i have my mom, you've met her.. and then my step-dad, robin he's on a buisness trip and then my sister gemma is at uni."

"your parents divorced too?"

"yeah when i was seven."

"that's quite young."

"kinda, but i've gotten used to it."

the eat the rest of the pizza, talking about random things, learning more and more about each other.

"harry, let me pay!" louis groans, as harry had his cute pink wallet out.

"no. my idea. i pay."

"harry edward styles."

"louis william tomlinson."

"i'm paying." louis says, putting the money on the table and grabbing harry's hand before he could protest once more.

they both got in the car, harry pretending to be mad that louis payed.

"harrrry." louis sets his head on harry's shoulder.

"honeybunnnnn."

"hazzzz."

"harrrry don't ignore me."

"babe, please?" louis whines.

harry looks at him confusing, turning the corner.

"babe?" harry asks, amused.

"sorry, i.." louis tries to find an explanation as to why he called him that, but he couldn't come up with one. it just felt natrual to call harry that."

"don't apologize, i like it." harry grins.

"well good, babe." louis pokes one of harry's dimples, not realizing that harry parked in his driveway.

"i had fun lou." harry smiles, looking at him.

"i had fun too, babe." louis looks at him too.

harry leans in, louis doing the same, but a peck on the window stops them, making them jump.

"mom?" louis groans, so embarrassed. she looks angry and has her hand beckoning him to come inside.

"ugh. she always does this. i'm sorry h. see you tomorrow at school?" louis smiles slightly.

"no, teacher conferences, day off. remember?" harry grins.

"oh right..well see you whenever i suppose."

"bye louis."

"bye babe."

-----

Word count: 874

sorry for the late update, and if the chapter seems rushed/ any mistakes.