Southpaws Unite

Well, I'm bored (when am I not?) and was thinking of something to write about.

As you all don't know, I'm left-handed (a leftie, southpaw, etc.). About ten percent of the population is left-handed. The more I've researched it, I've found out some random things about Lefties.

A. Lefties have a higher risk of psychosis (Okay, I can actually believe this one.)

B. Lefties make better artists (this one is most likely an opinion, although I do agree that we're more creative, but not necessarily more artistic.)

C. According to a Wall Street Journal article, our salaries are ten percent lower on average than right-handers. (*puts foot in mouth*)

D. Many of America's presidents have been left-handed, including President Obama, Bill Clinton, George H. W. Bush, etc. Bottom line, Americans vote for Left-handers!

E. Southpaws will most likely beat you in sports. (If you're reading this and you play/have played a sport, don't lie. There most likely has been a leftie that's been an all-star on your team.)

F. Lefties are Scaredy-Cats. People who use their left hands tend to be more affected by fear than people than people who use their right hands, according to recent research. (I actually agree with this one, honestly.)

G. Left-handers get Angrier. (Yeah, I'll agree to this one, but only because the argument was sparked by a comment about being left-handed.)

H. WE ACTUALLY HAVE OUR OWN DAY (August 13th)

But, overall, we still are a minority. We still struggle with scissors and can openers, spiral notebooks, writing in three ring binders, always having in on the sides of our hands, video game controllers, the list literally goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on....*continues for five minutes*

And I know the world is biased towards righties, and I totally get that, but hey, you gotta at least try.

~FAORA