Chapter Three - I feel so loved

Chapter three - I feel so loved

I shut my locker feeling exhausted. After last night, I think I won't be able to speak for the whole day. My mouth still hurts. It was one of the biggest mistakes of my life- to talk to Jessica about Blaise Anderson. She didn't care about Nick. It crushed my heart the way my best friend was talking about my crush. It was like he didn't even exist. I knew she didn't want me to be with Nick mainly because of Kim. She believes that if a boy spends so much time around Kim, he has gone nuts.

The way Nick acted yesterday about whole 'reading novel' ordeal, I guess she was right. Being with Kim does that you. But can you blame him for that? He is the one to be with her but he only screws her and in the process gets his brain screwed.

She made me spill every single detail. I was thinking about leaving the majority of the part because nothing special happens. They came for about twenty minutes and then left. Conversation on phone wasn't enough that she decided to come to my place and force words out of me while we watched a James Bond movie.

When I told her that Blaise was holding me when Nick was tickling, she went the whole fangirl.

'That was so romantic. I wish I could take your place.' She had gushed.

The pain of tickling came back to me and I shuddered at the thought. I wish that too.

And now my mouth is hurting because of all the talking. My jaw seems to fall down. I never put pressure on my jaw. I never stress to move my muscles much and bother to talk. I have to be careful. No talk about Blaise Anderson in front of Jessica.

I made my way towards the first class of History- a subject I'm not very fond of.

"Hey, Beryl. Where are you going?" A familiar voice asked and I winced but managed to erase dismay on my face and replaced it with fake surprise.

"Hey Tristan," I smiled at him, a very charming smile- a smile that most definitely causes suspicion.

He didn't frown at me as I had expected but smiled. For a moment I was really bothered by his response. I even thought he was not the boy who blackmailed me every day and his long-lost kind twin. The happiness in his eyes was unmistakable. And then it all clicked.

He is leaving tomorrow.

Before I knew what was happening, I was being trapped. His arms came around me and held me to him. I was too shocked to contemplate anything. My eyes were wide with surprise. His head rested on my shoulder. I felt his warm breath fanning against my neck and jaw. I felt his cheek brush against the side of my neck where the v-neck revealed my pale skin. Hotness on my face told me that I was definitely blushing like a tomato. I've never been this close to any boy ever in my life. The way my heart was beating also alarmed me. I didn't like Tristan that way. I didn't like him at all. He just took me by surprise.

The reason for my uncontrolled heartbeat was fear caused due to certain green-eyed boy who was glaring at us as if he was going to rip my limbs one by one. I tried to pull away from Tristan.

Firstly, my efforts weren't good enough and secondly, he tightened his arms around me to the point that it became difficult for me to breathe. I closed my eyes and focused on breathing.

"Relax and hug me back if you don't want Nick to know," he said.

I feel so loved. I thought sarcastically.

Immediately my arms came around his waist in a loose hug. I could feel him smiling against my skin. It made me shudder.

"Why are you so tense?" He asked, his lips brushing against my exposed skin.