Chapter Twenty- Let the B-couple enjoy (Part Two)

Chapter Twenty – Let the B-couple enjoy. (Part Two)

“Don’t be so jealous,” Avril said standing beside me, leaning against the wall.

She had dressed in a dark brown dress that complemented her eyes. It reached below her knees and she had paired it with golden flats. Her hair were set loose on her shoulders in dark tamed waves. Her face was glowing under the lights. She looked incredibly beautiful. But she didn’t get much attention because she was with me.

And I was at the dark corner watching Blaise interact with that beautiful red head. She was Drew’s girlfriend or something. It appeared that he didn’t remember her from that night but I did. What would Drew say when he finds that Blaise was going to sleep with his girlfriend that night? That thought made me cringe. It was nauseating.

“I’m not jealous,” I said robotically dragging my eyes from the smiling couple to Ron who was smirking flirtatiously at a beautiful girl. The sight made me scoff in amusement. Is there any boy in the world who is not pig headed? After I had rejected his offer, he tried to persuade me but I managed to get rid of him.

“Okay, then stop acting like you are jealous.” She said with sarcasm in her voice.

“I’m not acting like I’m jealous. I’m just standing at the corner of a room where a huge party with sophisticated people is going on. And I don’t like parties. I just want to leave.”

“Why did you come here at first place, then?”

“I thought it’d be good for some experience but I guess I was wrong.” I shrugged casually.

She was silent for a few seconds. I thought she had left but I knew she was still there, watching me.

“Stop looking at that girl. Look at Blaise instead.” She told me. Out of instinct my eyes drew to Blaise. His green eyes connected with mine and I looked away immediately.

“He has been staring at you or glancing at you every now and then. Why are you standing here and letting him tormented by that girl?”

“Tormented,” I scoffed. “He’s enjoying this. Believe me.”

“I don’t believe you,” she said simply. “And you are saying it more to make yourself believe it. But I’m not going to confirm your words because it’s most definitely not true.”

“But it seems like he’s enjoying it.”

“No, it seems like she is enjoying it. Blaise is not even interested. He’s staring at you. Look at him.”

Instinctively I looked at Blaise, again, to find his green eyes staring at me. I looked away, again.

“He’s staring at you. Believe me, he wants to be here with you rather than her.”

“I find it really hard to believe.”

I pursed my lips together. “Do you have boy problems or anything?” I asked.

“I like my best friend a lot. More than like him. Like like him. I told him about my feelings but he said he didn’t love me. Instead he’s dating his ex-girlfriend now. The same girl who once kissed his best friend.” Her monotonous voice spoke. “And worse he is living in same house as mine. He sleeps with her few rooms away from me. And we are in same group of friends. So yeah it’s kind of awkward for me.”

My wide eyes turned towards her. Was she making up a story?

“I’m not making up my pitiful story.” She didn’t even look at me. I was surprised.