Chapter sixteen - You are the most interesting girl I've ever seen in my life

Chapter Sixteen- You are the most interesting girl I’ve ever seen in my life

Shock. That was all I could feel. My body turned into a statue as I stared at the scene playing in front of me. I rubbed my eyes with heels of my hands making sure they were playing no trick on me. Once I opened them again, the scene was still playing in front of my eyes. My jaw dropped open.

“It’s not a dream.” A voice said from my side. I knew it was Blaise and he sounded suspiciously amused.

“No, it’s a nightmare.” I gasped. I was not scared of what was happening in front of me. I was scared of what was going to happen soon.

My-oh-my, how did this happen? Where was I when all this was happening?

“Are you not happy for your best friend?” He asked with a hint of envy in his own voice.

That drew my attention. I still refrained from turning to look at him. But my eyes couldn’t help gauging his reaction from corner of my eye. He had a frown on his face. That was all I could decipher.

“Are you happy for your friend?” I asked irritated. Why did he sound so jealous? Don’t tell me he has same obsession for her as she has for him.

“I am,” he admitted almost distracted but there was a tone of sincerity in his voice. I released a small breath I didn’t realize I was even holding. Why was that?

Come on. This can be happening. This is Blaise Anderson. Nick Conman’s best friend. Of course there is some impact of poor company on your personality. He is no better.

“Let’s say hi to our friends,” Blaise started walking towards the direction of my locker. I grimaced at the image of my best friend and her crush making out against my locker. I started following him closely behind. He came to a halt leaning against the locker behind Josh.

“Mr. Roberts and Ms. Watson,” Blaise boomed in a thundering voice that even I flinched. The couple detangled themselves and jumped away. Both had wide eyes. Both looked like a mess, the I-just-made-out mess.

Josh turned around immediately and when he saw that it was only his best friend and no teacher, his scared face turned into relief and then disbelief and anger.

“What the heck man?” He glared at the green eyed boy. Jessica on the other hand was too embarrassed to speak a word. I met her eyes over Blaise’s shoulder. I threw her you-better-explain-why-you-were-making-out-with-your-crush-againt-my-locker look. In return she gave me a pleading look and I nodded postponing the much needed conversation.

“I was just trying to help Beryl. She needs to take her books for her first class.” He shrugged innocently and I rolled my eyes.

“You didn’t need to shout like that,” Josh scowled, his cheeks turning red.

“What did you expect me to say? Can you please stop shoving your tongue down her throat so that my friend can get her books? That would have sounded so rude.”

“You are talking about being rude?” Josh gave a look of disbelief to his friend.

“That aside, why were you making out with Jessica?” Blaise slung an arm over Jessica’s shoulder who was avoiding eye contact with any of us.

Why was he acting so defensive?

“We are together.” Josh caught Jessica’s hand and pulled her to his side and out of his friend’s hold. My eyes widened. Jessica Watson, my best friend, as Josh Roberts’ girlfriend.

I knew this was going to happen but it happened really very soon. Sooner than I could ever have expected. Boy, this girl worked really fast. After all she was crushing on him for a long time. And I had a feeling that Josh also had feelings for her.