Chapter Twenty Seven- I could fly with happines

A/N: Don’t kill me.
**

Chapter Twenty Seven – I could fly with happiness

I lips made contact with smooth skin of Blaise’s skin.

I chickened out.

I was going to kiss him on the lips. I was so sure. But nerves got the best of me at the last moment. My lips lingered on his cheek and I pulled away slowly. Forcing a tight smile on my face, I looked at his forehead. My heart was thudding inside my chest so loudly that my ears were ringing from it.

I pushed myself off him and settled back to my place. By the time, I had cooled myself and gathered enough courage to properly look at his face. He wore an expressionless mask on his face. It didn’t help me feel relaxed. I smiled at him, in order to make him smile. He likes me, right? So my smile should light up his world as they say in those romance books I’ve read over years.

He did smile at me. But it looked more like a grimace. I wondered if my smile looked the same. I took two long deep breaths and closed my eyes. My toes were twitching. My legs were restless. I wanted to jump and do a jig around the room. I wanted to scream out loudly. I was so excited. It was hard to contain it.

When I opened my eyes, Blaise was no longer sitting on the bed. I looked around and found him standing outside the window. My eyes widened and I shot up from the bed and ran towards him.

“Blaise!” I called out but he was already crawling down to window below. “Blaise!” I called out again feeling frantic. My heart was in my throat. Was he safe? Be safe, please.

Then he appeared on the ground. Moonlight was enough to help me see him. He still had the inscrutable look on his face as he looked up at him and turned to leave. At that very moment I realized what a fool I had been. He told me that he liked me. But I didn’t say the words back. That usually happens. Boy says he likes the girl and she says she likes him too.

Stupid

He had started walking away pulling the beanie on his head. Without thinking, I puffed up my lungs and shouted loud enough so he could hear. “Blaise! I like you too!”

That made him stop in his tracks. He slowly turned to look at me. And then my world lit up. He smiled. A real smile.

But my happiness was short lived. The area that was bathed in natural light before was disturbed by lights from other houses. My eyes widened and I pushed myself off the window and I closed it before anyone saw me. I ran towards the bed and jumped on it. Lamp was switched off.

There was no doubt that every single soul in my neighborhood might have heard my confession.

I put the pillow on my head wanting to disappear. I don’t regret my confession but I don’t want anyone to think I’m a lunatic. I’ve gone to extreme lengths for you Blaise. Things I do for you.

*

“Beryl?” Garry asked as I was eating my breakfast he had brought. I gave him a sideways glance and made a sound in my throat. The scrambled eggs were tasty. His mom was an excellent cook. “Do you like someone in particular?”

I was thrown in the fit of coughs hearing his words. I hunched over with my hand on my stomach. The next thing I knew was being pushed off the stool and falling on the floor. I didn’t take me long to realize that Garry was patting my back. More like attacking my back. He kneeled beside my hunched figure and slammed his hand to my back again that threw me forwards. I was lying on my stomach with my coughs fading slowly.

“Beryl, are you alright?” He asked preparing to hit my back again but was stopped by a hand that caught his wrist. I was really thankful to that hand.