Chapter Twenty Two - I should choose 'trouble' as the word of the week

It was beautiful Saturday morning but not for me. My eyes were dropping and my mind was hazy because I didn’t get proper sleep last night all thanks to Blaise Anderson. Hard to sleep with so much in mind. I had taken a bath but that was a bad idea. After that I was feeling very sleepy. So in the end I restored to very easy way to fire up my body. I bit on a chili. That’s Dan’s idea but it works every time.

I straight out drank a glass of water to soothe my burning tongue.

Dan’s idea worked.

My tongue was still burning and I was trying to cool it by panting. It was then Blaise entered still in his suit. His tie was loose around his neck and the top button was unbuttoned. His suit jacket was askew and he was fixing it. By his state, he looked pretty much disoriented and amazingly hot.

I took a sharp breath but due to the pout of my lips, the air whooshed fast and produced a whistling sound that grabbed Blaise’s attention instantly and his head snapped up to look at me. He blinked a couple of time and I froze. A slow smirk appeared on his lips before turning into a smile and then transforming into the melodic sound of his laughter. My face burnt red.

“Good Morning Beryl,” he greeted after schooling his expressions but a tiny hint of smile was still present there. He seemed to be in a good mood while I had just bit a chili because of him.

That reminded me…

My tongue started burning again and I decided to pop an ice cube in my mouth not returning his greeting and faced away from him.

“I guess you are angry at me again,” he murmured.

I kept quiet wondering what to say. My face started burning as the image of him and I on the bed flashed in front of my eyes.

What was I thinking? I was not thinking. That’s the problem. Being that near to Blaise and him kissing my neck had switched off my reasoning. He’s such a bad influence on me.

The ice cube melted in my mouth as he spoke again.

“I’m really sorry.” He muttered. “I don’t usually drink but… I don’t know. I didn’t have any drink yesterday. But then I was not thinking straight. I might have it. I’m really sorry Beryl.” He said in a defeated voice. He looked really confused and apologetic at the same time.

“It’s okay,” I decided not to tell him about his secret enemies. It was his problem not mine. After whole night of thinking I had come to one conclusion. His life, his problems, his solutions. I have nothing to do with what he does and what happens to him.

But treacherous heart is still worried about him. “Do you remember anything from last night?” I asked staring at him. His anxious face turned into a doubtful frown.

“No, I don’t. Why? Something happened?” He asked rather calmly. His eyes watched me intently to say something. To confess something.

I couldn’t fathom if he remembered anything or not from his expressions. I pressed my lips together. I was not going to mention what went inside that room. But I had to say something.

“You danced with Kim. Was she your date? I precisely remember that I was your date and not her.” I told him with a cold tone staring at him icily.

His eyes widened and his mouth opened and closed. “What? Really? I don’t remember anything. I was not thinking straight or I would have never danced with her.”

Was it wrong that I felt happy he didn’t want to dance with Kim?

I sighed. He didn’t remember anything. It’s good that he forgot. Ii would be better if I forget it too. And it would be the best if it doesn’t happen again. I have to make sure of that. I have to keep my hormones in check.