Chapter Fifteen - Weird Things Happen (Part Two)

Chapter Fifteen - Weird things happen (Part Two)

Football is not my thing.

But the popular best friend duo didn't understand that. I was staring at the ball with strained eyes. Never had I ever thought that I would be standing in the middle of football ground with a football in front of my eyes on the ground. Luckily for me, there weren't many people around. Blaise was standing somewhere behind me. There were other players also. I recognized them as Tate Sky and Will Simpson. Both are part of football team. Nick was leaning against the iron pole of goal with an arrogant smirk on his face.

"Come one B. It's just one hit." He encouraged me.

I turned upper part of my body to glare at Blaise. It was his entire fault. I was walking to my car silently and then I saw Nick. Just when I he said 'hi', Blaise popped out of nowhere and talked to Nick about something. I was leaning against my car watching their heated conversation and suddenly Nick was pulling me with Blaise trailing behind glaring at my hand in Nick's.

I thought I would faint if that hand holding thing ever happened with Nick but I was wrong. I didn't feel anything at all except for an urge to pull my hand out of his grasp which was burning under Blaise's smoldering eyes. There were a couple of players practicing when we reached. And then I was centre of attention when Nick announced that I was going to score a goal.

"Don't disappoint me B," he shouted.

I let out a defeated sigh and roamed my eyes around the stadium to make sure no more people were present to witness my embarrassment. I nodded.

"Yeah B do it." He pumped his fist in air.

I ran towards the ball like a fat cat and pulled my right foot back before slamming it hard against the ball. I hope my years of shooting practice at least serve me once. Go for the target, ball. There's a huge difference between football and shooting but a target is a target.

The ball must have flown in the air because I didn't see it. I spun and lost my footing and fell on my back. The blue sky above looked beautiful. There were cheers and laughter and I dared to look at goal.

Even a ten year old could score a goal. I was that near to it. But I'm not athletic. I saw Nick sitting on the field rubbing his head and the ball a few feet away from him, away from goal.

What was the result?

"Nice shot," Blaise smirked at me holding out his hand. I looked at it warily and shook my head pushing myself off ground ignoring his hand.

"Did I score a goal?" I asked. I knew it was impossible but a girl can hope.

"If the goal is Nick's head for you then yes, you scored a goal." Blaise answered.

My eyes widened. Wow. My lip twitched to a smile but I controlled it and made my expression somber. Blaise gave me a crooked smirk not missing amusement on my face.