Chapter Twenty- Coming to this party is worst decision of my life (Part One)

Chapter Twenty - Coming to this party is the worst decision of my life (Part One)

Parties are not my thing. I have always told myself that. But some experiences change your perception about something. Walking on the footsteps of a common nerd, I never thought of venturing towards that particular path of extroverts. I’m a nerd and I’m known as a good girl too when I’m actually not, not completely though I do have some good traits in me.

I am just an introvert. Too much socialization suffocates me. It messes up with my head. It makes me crazy and completely uncomfortable. I’d rather like to listen than talking. And I personally hate small talk very, very much. That’s why I don’t want to go to this party. What I’m going to say to them?

I had mixed thoughts about this party as I sat inside the car. But mostly my thoughts were negative. I was not too much enthusiastic and the fact that Blaise was looking incredibly hot in blue tuxedo with blue neck tie didn't help either. I looked so dull as compared to him. The dress I wore was hidden under coat and I was wearing black leggings to cover my legs. It was still cold outside. I had a bag with me. When it will time to enter the party, I will get rid of the coat and leggings.

But I had put great effort to pull my hair in an elegant bun. It had taken me more than two hours to fix them for a formal occasion and I was still not completely satisfied. I only stopped messing with my hair when my arms were aching bad.

"Don't you think we are a bit early?" I asked Blaise nervously as he led me inside. Preparations were still going on and I couldn't see any guest around. The big hall was decorated with golden designs and curtains. It looked like a royal palace. It resembled a lot like that place in New York where mom and dad's wedding took place.

"We are early," he replied. "Now we are going to basement." He told me.

"Why are we going there?"

"That's the place where most of us, I mean we teenagers, spend our time during these parties."

"Jessica and Josh are also there?" I asked hopefully.

"No. They've not arrived yet. But they will be here shortly." He pulled us towards a staircase and we went downstairs to the basement. There was a big room which led to another and which further lead to another. Finally we were at our destinations.

It was a big room with a couch at one side facing a huge television screen on wall. There was a bed pushed towards the other side of the room. Then there was a table where a couple of boys were playing chess. Beanbags were arranged to form a circle. A desk was at corner with a desktop computer. A boy and a girl were playing video games on the Xbox on the remaining corner of the room.

I was completely stunned. It was a haven for a teenager. The best place you could ever find. But my admiration of place didn't stay longer as I looked around. There were about five girls and all were dressed so beautifully that I felt completely at unease. They were shining diamonds while I was coal in their comparison. And on the top of that I was Blaise's date. The boy looked straight out of fashion magazine in that three piece suit. I, on the other hand, looked like a homeless wanderer.

"You're finally here," a voice I recognized at Nick's asked from behind me. I turned around to face his shirt clad chest. Stepping back, I took a good look at him. He looked great in grey suit and… a yellow tie? I frowned at the only stigma on his rather perfect figure.

Then my eyes fell on Emma who looked tall. She was standing at Nick's height dressed in a bright blinding yellow strapless dress glinting with golden stars. It ended mid thigh. She could have posed as Nick's cars headlights with that dress on. And I don't know whether it was Nick or Emma, I bet it was Emma, but I could have fainted by the strong smell of perfume.

The temperature was normal inside and I was getting hot. I needed to get out of the coat or I would sweat and smell. Not a good thing. I've sprayed perfume on me. Only small amount. Definitely not like Emma.

Emma scanned me from top to bottom and scoffed as if she couldn't believe I was dressed like this- which in her eyes looked low and disgusting. I mentally rolled my eyes. As if her opinion mattered to me.

"You look nice, B. But you should get rid of this coat now. It's only cold outside." Nick shot me a million dollar smile. I only smiled back at him questioning his sanity level. How did he even agree to put that tie around his neck?

"Sure, I will." I agreed as Nick moved around to greet Blaise. They did their manly hug and punch while Emma had her eyes narrowed at me. Her lips were painted red. At least she didn't put on yellow lipstick.

"Don't draw on my phone Avril. It's expensive." Nick complained suddenly looking at the other corner of the room I hadn't seen yet. I froze at mention of her name.

I knew Avril was in this party. But I didn't know she was behind me. I only needed to turn around and I would catch at least a glimpse. I don't know what I wish for but I don't want her to be an extremely beautiful girl. This is crazy but I can't help myself.

"Too bad. I've written 'this phone belongs to an airhead' on its screen with a permanent marker." Her voice came. It only made me feel uncomfortable. Even her voice was so nice. And it was filled with so much sarcasm. Maybe she is like Kim. I couldn’t control myself any longer. Out of pure curiosity I finally turned around.

I was shocked to see her appearance. She was not a pretty blonde with pretty blue eyes in a pretty dress and pretty high heels. No, she was a brunette with dark brown eyes in jeans and coat and sneakers. Her hairs were up in a ponytail. She was an inch or two taller than me. She looked completely out of place among girls who were wearing beautiful dresses.