Chapter Three

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I honestly didn't know who would play Maliyah or Maliyah's mother. So I finally just picked people....... I know that she doesn't look like Derek or Shauna but It's something

Derek's POV

"Shauna Cooper. That's your mom. That was such a long time ago. How did you get here? Does your mom know that you are here?"

"Well I do have a job back home and so I had some money saved. I never knew who my father was so I asked my mom before I was an adult. She told me your name and I may have seen some stuff from your records." Maliyah looks and smiles
"Anyways. I took the train. I didn't tell my mom because she would stop me so I left a note." She says as she looks at the time
"She should be seeing my note in three, two, one"
Her cellphone rang

"Hi Mommy. Yes I'm in front of him right now."

She hands me the phone

On the other side of the phone

Derek I am so sorry that she just showed up. I didn't think that she would try to find you.

"Hey Shauna. How are you?"

"I am okay. Better now that I know my baby is safe. I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I didn't want to interfere with your relationship with your wife."

"Ex wife. And no its okay. She seems like a good kid. Well I mean she is my kid."

Maliyah's POV

I didn't hear much of what they were sayibg but when he hung up he was smiling.

"Why are you smiling? Sir? Dad? Pops? I don't know?"

"I told your mother that you can stay with me for the rest of the summer so we can catch up."

I look at him and I start to cry. I look around and people were staring.

"Can we go somewhere so that everyone isn't looking at us. Please?"

"Uuh yeah right this way." He points to a small office. We walk into the office and I sit down in the little office chair.

"Dad? Can I call you that?"

"Of course. You are my daughter" he looks at me and smiles

"Thanks Dad. Some guys would just forget about girls like me and be mad about this while situation. So thanks Dad."
I hug him.

"Derek? Oh sorry. Hope I'm not interrupting Daddy Daughter time." Garcia says as she stands in the doorway

"Nah, it's cool Babygirl. Whats up?"

Babygirl? I thought to myself..... Is she my stepmom?

"Hotch wants us at the round table now"

"Alright. Wait what am I gonna do about her?"

"She can come too and be my little personal assistant. You know about computers right? Since you hacked into the systems and saw Derek's personal files."

"I dabble. Okay I know alot about computers. I am actually hacking into a game server on my phone as we speak. My boyfriend and I actually met while I was hacking."

"BOYFRIEND?!?!" Derek says

"Calm down Dad. He is a very nice guy named Jayden who I call my boyfriend. He is not really my boyfriend. It's like you calling Garcia baby when she isn't your girlfriend but you want her to be because you are in love with her but don't want to ruin the friendship. Same with you Garcia."

"Okaaaaaay. Well as long as you don't have a boyfriend. But lets go to the round table Hotch probably waiting for us. And that is not the case"

"Yeah whatever."

As we walk into the room where the round table was I kept getting stares from the whole team.

"Who is this girl you have with you?"

"Hotch. This is Maliyah. Maliyah this is Agent Hotchner." Derek says

"Ooooh so you're Hotch. I thought you would look meaner. Nice to meet you though."

"Yes very nice to meet you. Why are you here I meant?"

"Everybody. This is Maliyah. She is going to be helping Garcia out with the tech stuff. She is also my....." Derek pauses

Everyone looks at him as he freezes.

"I am his daughter. Goddamn." I roll my eyes at him

Everyone freezes. There was an awkward silence.

"Back to the case?" Garcia says

Everyone just stays frozen as if Elsa just froze the summer all in their bodies.