Chapter Seven

Saturday June 28th

Derek's POV

I wake up glad that we finished the case. I am so glad we caught the guy. I can finally relax until we have to go back. I turn on the tv and flip through channels. I started to watch the news. Same old news. Something then catches my eye. News from Quantico is actually on in New Jersey. I start to hear the story.

Teen rolls out of car and hits her head. No identification of the teen but it appears she is okay. She has been rushed to the hospital. Standbys say that she literally jumped out the car and rolled hitying her head on what they say is a piece of metal.

I start to look closely at the video. I don't want to think that its Maliyah.

*news* Just in. They have just identified the girl her name is.....

Garcia's POV

I woke up. Not hearing the sound of anything. No tv. Nobody cooking. No nothing. I go into the living room and I don't see Maliyah anywhere. I look on the table to find a letter from Maliyah.

Garcia. Jayden came to pick me up. Thanks for everything. Your the best. Love you.

I hear my phone ringing in the other room. I run to catch it. Its Derek.

"Hi My dear. How are you?"

"Babygirl have you checked the news?"

"No why whats wrong?"

"Maliyah apparently jumped out of a car. We are on our way back. Get to the hospital she is going to be okay but she is in surgery. Babygirl make sure that my little girl is okay."

"Okay Derek. I am getting into my car now."

"Thanks babygirl. I love you."

"I love you too." I hang up the phone and grab my keys. I get into my car and drive as fast as I can to the hospital. I call Reid and JJ to let them know.

"Yeah Garcia." they say in unison

"Hey. Reid and JJ. Have you guys seen the news?"

"No why?"

"Maliyah jumped,tucked, and rolled out of a car. The car drove away leaving Maliyah on thw side of the road. Get to the hospital now. The rest of the team is on their way back."

"Garcia have you told Derek?"

"Derek told me. He found out by the news. Just get to the hospital I will meet you guys there."

At the hospital.

My heart is breaking for Derek. He will not show his emotions but he is going through right now. I can tell. I just hope that Maliyah can pull through.

"Hey Garcia. How is she?" I see Reid running up to me.

"Hey Reid. I don't know. They haven't told me anything. I just hope she is okay."

"I hope she is too. I was going to come over because I wanted to ask her something. You had called me when I was on my way over to your house."

"What were you going to ask her?" I say as I cock my eyebrow

"I ummm... Nothing."

"Reid....?"

"Okay. Do you believe in love at first sight?"

"Yeah. I mean..." I was gonna say Derek but then I didn't want him to know.

"Well thursday when I met her, she was so beautiful. Big brown eyes, gorgeous smile, lucious brown hair. I just knew that she was the one that I have been looking for.

Sidenote

Reid is young in this story because well I want him to be lol. He is 23 and Maliyah is 17 but about to turn 18.

"Reid. Do you know that Derek is not going to allow you to date his daughter. Plus she is 17 and you are 23."

"Yeah I know that. I was hoping that they would be back and that he would be at your house. Also she is about to turn 18. We are only 6 years apart. That's like you and Derek."

"Why does everybody keep comparing their situations to me and Derek?"

"Nevermind. Maliyah is now everything to me. I know that I love her because my heart started beating triple times."

"Well why don't you ask Derek for his blessing after she gets better. Then you will see."

Just then Derek, Hotch, JJ, Prentiss, and Rossi came running in the hospital.

"Is she okay?" JJ asks

"I don't know. They haven't given us an update. Derek are you doing okay?

"Yeah I'm fine. I just hope that Maliyah can pull through. I just met her you know."

"You wanna tall about it somewhere else?"

"No. I just wanna stay here and wait."

"Okay."

"Prentiss and JJ come with me." Hotch said

"Okay Sir" they said as they followed Hotch

Hotch's POV

"We didn't have time to bring anything for Maliyah. I need you two, since you know more about girls than I do, to go and get maybe some teddy bears and flowers for her. Get some roses and Lilies."

"Okay Hotch. We will be right back."

Derek's POV

"I just hope she is okay. I go to new jersey for two days and this is what happens. I should've never left"

"Derek you had to leave. The team needed you." Garcia said patting my back.

"I know. I just wish that she came with me. Instead she stayed here and this is what happened."

"Derek. This is not the only thing. The night that I told you she came to my door. Well it was her. She came to my door with cuts, bruises and she was bleeding. I was gonna tell you but somehow I forgot."

"It's okay Garcia. How did she find you?"

"Well ummm I don't know exactly. She told me that she is just like me. Yah know Tech analyst. But I don't believe that she was telling the truth."

"So you saying that she lied?"

"Well she wasn't in a healthy state to actually touch a computer. She was drugged up so somebody else found me."

"Babygirl can you stay here with me overnight? I need somebody else with me."

"Of course Derek. Anything to help."

I love Garcia. She is always there for me. She never leaves my side. I love that about her. She is the only one that can make me smile.

Reid's POV

I am in love with her. She is so beautiful and smart. I hope that she is okay.

"Derek?"

"Yeah kid?"

"Nevermind."

I didn't want to ask him. It wasn't the right time. Garcia is right. I should wait. I am in love with her but I just don't want to ask Derek right now.

Narrator's POV

They waited and waited. Garcia got up to go talk to the doctor but they wouldn't give her an update. Maliyah was still in surgery. The doctor came up to the team but his facial expression was not good.