Chapter Five

Garcia's POV

Oh god. I don't know what to do. Derek is off chasing bad guys while his daughter has gone missing. Should I tell him? I don't want to tell him. Maybe Hotch will know what to do. I have got to get my phone and call Hotch.

"Yeah Garcia."

"Sir?"

"Did you find anything for this case?"

"Sir? We have a real problem."

"Garcia. You sound really concerned. What happened?"

"Okay. After you guys left, I went to go find Maliyah but she was gone. I didn't see her anywhere. I am telling you because I can't tell Derek."

"Okay Garcia. Stay calm. Can you multitask?"

"Yes. Why?"

"Alright here is what you are going to do. Find information on the current case. Then send it to the team except for JJ and Reid. Then try to see if you can find Maliyah. Reid and JJ will be waiting in the parking lot for you. Grab your things. You are helping with a case."

"Sir? Are we suppose to do that?"

"Garcia! Like you said this is a real problem. Now don't question me and just do your job. Lets go!"

He hung up the phone. I walked into my office and grabbed me go bag.
JJ calls me to tell me that they are downstairs. I race to the elevator. When I get downstairs JJ and Reid are waiting right there.

"Hey. Have you heard from her at all?" Reid asks

"No. This is not good."

"Well Hotch says since this is not a real case nobody can know."

"Well I was thinking. What if this has to do with the first case. I mean the two kids were her family. Maybe they were trying to get to Maliyah instead." Reid says

"Reid. What goes on in that brain of yours? You are a genius" I say

I picked up the phone to call Hotch.

"Hey Garcia. Got any news."

"Well Reid is so smart tell him what you think."

"So I think that missing Maliyah is apart of the first case. Since the two victims were her family."

"Maliyah is missing?!? Garcia why didn't you tell me!?"

I felt my heart drop when I heard Derek's voice. I didn't know that Derek was on the line or in the car with Hotch. Oh god. What should I do? What should I say?

"Derek I-I-I was gonna tell you but then I wasn't because they really need you for this case. So I only told Hotch and JJ who told Reid. I-"

"Baby girl. You should've told me. I can't believe you. My daughter that I just met is missing and my so called friends didn't tell me. Wow."

"Derek. I really am sorry."

He hung up the phone. I just look at the phone and cry. JJ and Reid look at me.

"Okay you guys. Take me to my house and I can set up at my house. Even though we have no information on the unsub we still have to try"

JJ and Reid nod and stay silent. The rest of the car ride was silent. I was still in shock about what just happened. I should've told him. He is my bestfriend. He is my everything.

We got to my house and it was getting dark. I set up all my gadgets and go to work.

10:30pm

"Have you found anything." Reid says

"Nope. Not at all."

"Have you tried to see if she has called anybody today?"

"Genius! That's why you're my favorite boy."

I look up her call logs and where her cell phone was in thr last 2 hours. As I look through the information my phone rings.

"Hey Babygirl. Have you found my little girl?"

"Sweetness not yet. We will find her. Trust me."

"Thanks Babygirl."

"No problem. PG out."

"Wait. Baby. I'm sorry for earlier. I didn't mean to yell at you. I was just so mad that you didn't tell me she was gone. Her mother left her with me for the rest of the summer. I can't believe that she is gone. I just met her."

"Derek! You are genius. Of course!"

"What? Babygirl? What are you talking about?"

"You said something about her mother. I haven't even tried to call her mother or to see if she has called her mom. I love you! Thanks Derek"

I hung up the phone. JJ and Reid just look at me. I start to type on my computer.

"I guess she is on to something. Right Reid?"

"Of course. Its Garcia"

"Damn. No calls were made to her mother. Only calls that she made was to a boy named Jayden Anderson. She called him a few times. He texted her too. It says, "downstairs. Lets go for a ride". So she isn't lost. She is just with her friend. But wait a minute. This is so confusing. This doesn't really add up. How-"

"Garcia calm down okay. Keep looking."

2:30am

I fell asleep at my computer. Its 2:30am. I called Derek hoping that he would pick up.

"Hey Babygirl. You okay?"

"No. I haven't found her yet. Can you come over?"

"Baby. I'm in New Jersey."

"Oh yeah. I'm so used to you being here. Sorry"

There was a knock on the door.

"Derek Morgan! Are you here?"

"Mama didn't I just say I was in New Jersey?"

"Well then who could possibly be knocking at my door at 2 in the morning."

"Penelope. Don't you open that door. Is Reid or JJ still there?"

"Yeah. Reid is but he is sleeping."

"Wake him up. Make sure he is alert. I don't want anything to happen to you babygirl."

"Okay. But he looks so peaceful."

"Wake him up goddamn."

I hit Reid on his arm and told him about the various knocks.

"Garcia?"

I heard a voice say.

"Open the door. Its Maliyah"

I hit Reid to make sure he was awake.

"Derek. The person at the door says that she is Maliyah. Should I open?"

"Tell Reid to get it and to make sure he has his gun. You hide somewhere until Reid says its all clear."

"Okay. Okay."

I ran to a corner and sat in the corner. As the door opened I looked to see who it is. To my relief it was Maliyah but all beaten up. I ran over to Reid and helped him get her on the couch. I hung up the phone and ran to get some stuff the stop the cuts from bleeding. Oh god. Who would do this. I thought to myself.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I'm sorry that this chapter is long. I was just writing and writing and writing. Hope you enjoy.

XOXOXOXO
Talented_gamb:)