Chapter Eight

At the hospital

Garcia's POV

"Maliyah Renee Morgan?"

"Right here." we say in unison

"Family only."

"We are her family. I am her biological father though. Derek Morgan" Derek says and shakes the doctors hand

"Okay. Well she has a concussion and her lip is busted. She is bruised pretty bad and there was internal bleeding. She is stable but she needs some rest. You can see her in the morning. Mr.Morgan?" he nods at Derek

"Can she come too?" he points at me

"Are you sure sir? This is very serious."

"I am sure."

"Okay."

The doctor escorts us to a small room in the hospital.

"It seems that Maliyah took drugs. She had lots of bleeding. That is why it took us a while. The blood was sitting there. That is why she passed out just by getting hit in the head. She could've collapsed and died. Luckily we were able to stop the bleeding. She is cery lucky sir. You take care."

"Oh thank god. I thought that I lost her. I know that I just met her but I don't want to ever let her go again" he says crying.

I look at Derek. He looks away and just walks away. He slides down the wall and hits his head. I walk up to him.

"Honey. You know this isn't your fault."

"It is my fault. I should've taken her with me. This would've never happened.

"Derek! You cannot beat yourself up about this. She went with her boyfriend. I don't know happened but what I do know is that you have to stay strong for her." I grabbed his face. "She is a very strong girl just like her father." I stare into his eyes. I have always been in love with him. I mean come on look at him. Maliyah was right. We keep staring. Then there was a knock on the door.

"Hey. Derek?"

Derek got up and opened the door. He helped me up and we walked out.

"Yeah kid?"

"You got a minute? I just wanna ask you something"

"Sure. Garcia go find Hotch and Rossi."

"Okay."

"No no. It's real quick. All I wanted to ask was if I could stay here with you guys and wait until sge wakes up?"

"Ummm.... Sure kid. May I ask why?"

He looks at me and I look at him. I notice that he is figeting.

"Derek. He just wants to be there for you and her."

"Oh okay kid."

We walk down the hallway and we see Prentiss and JJ with balloons, teddy bears and flowers in their hands.

"We wanted to get her something so here you go" Prentiss says and smiles

"Can we put it in her room? So that when she wakes she will see." JJ asks

"I will go ask the doctor." I walked down the hall to find the doctor. I see a random doctor and I walk up to him.

"Excuse me? Doctor?"

"Je parle seulement un peu anglais."

"Desole. Savez-vous où est Dr.Mason ?

He points down the hallway and I see Dr. Mason standing there.

"Merci Beaucoup"

I walk up to Dr.Mason. He is talking to a nurse so I just waited.

"Yes Miss? Can I help you?"

"I am with Maliyah Morgan's family. We wondering if we could put gifts in her room so that when she wakes up she will see them."

"Of course you can. Who is staying here with her?"

"Myself, Mr.Morgan, and Dr.Spencer Reid."

"Well since it's only the three of you, you guys can stay in the room with her."

"Thanks. Doctor."

"I'm sorry I didn't quite catch your name."

"Penelope Garcia sir."

"Well Penelope you have a nice night."

"Thanks you too."

I walk back to where Derek was. He has a straight face standing there talking to Hotch.

"Its okay Hotch. You guys can leave. Garcia, Reid, and I are going to stay here."

"Okay. You guys be safe and take care. Tell us if anything happens. We will be back over here in the morning."

"Alright. Thank you Hotch."

"Reid. Come here for a minute." Rossi says to him

"Uuh okay"

They walk away. Nobody knew what they were talking about.

Reid's POV

"Sooooo.... Buddy...... You gonna tell her?"

"Yes. Later when she is recovering. I am just scared because well...."

"What is it?"

"Okay... Me and JJ have been talking and going out together but not officially dating. I love JJ but the way I feel about Maliyah is so totally different. You know what I mean?"

"I do. Kinda. You have something going on with JJ but when you saw Maliyah it was instant paradise and fireworks"

"Right. I don't know what to do. I want to keep JJ but Maliyah is like the Garcia to my Derek."

"That's a thing?"

"Yeah. Dude it's a thing. Anyways what should I do?"

"Who knows about your little crush?"

"Ummmm.... Garcia."

"You told the bestfriend of the girl that you are secretly dating?!?! Are you insane?"

"I wasn't thinking okay. Plus she pressured me."

"Okay anyways. Here is what you are going to do. See who you love the most. Write out things that you love about these woman. You will figure it out smarty pants."

*sarcastically* "Thanks. Rossi"

"Anytime Smarty."

Derek's POV

Everyone left and went home. Garcia and Reid stayed so they could be here when she wakes up. I'm standing beside Maliyah's bed just staring at her. I grabbed her hand and kept staring. I feel tears rolling and then I felt a hand on my shoulder. I knew that it was Garcia.

"She is going to wake up Derek. All we have to do is wait."

"I know that babygirl. I just need to know that she is alright. I need a sign or something."

Just then Maliyah's hand moved. I look at Garcia and then I feel her squeezing tighter.

"Garcia go get a doctor. I think that she is waking up."

Garcia runs down the hall to find a nurse or doctor. I see Maliyah's eyes blink. Reid runs up on the other side of Maliyah and holds her hand. I just look at him then I look back at Mal.

"Maliyah. Daddy is here. You are okay baby."

She then opens her eyes slowly and looks up. She squints at the piercing light in her eyes. She looks up at me and Reid. Garcia runs in with the doctor.

"Hi Maliyah. Are you feeling any better?" the doctor asks her

"Yes doctor. But who are all these people? And why am I in the hospital?"

We all look at the doctor and then at Maliyah. She looks confused and a bit scared. Garcia looks at me and I hold back tears. She takes my hand and holds it.