Chapter 41

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! 

I hope you're all doing well. Thank you so much for all of the comment and feedback for chapter 40, it was great and I appreciate you all so much for reading, voting and commenting!

So here's chapter 41, the chapter you have all been waiting for and I'm really looking forward to hearing your responses! Please do vote and comment and also if there are any mistakes, please kindly notify me and I'll fix them!

But most of all, I hope that you enjoy!

I'd also like to dedicate this chapter to @asghdft for her lovely message and support + because of her kind request for this chapter to be dedicated to her x

Lot's of love to you all,

Chelcia xx

***DISCLAIMER***: I have never given birth so everything in this chapter is based on research and personal accounts, so I hope that it is as true to reality as possible. Mothers, feel free to comment!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Push?" I repeat and my head collapses back onto the pillow at the thought, the soon to be reality. Despite feeling crippled with pain and contractions, I don't feel that natural strong urge to push that most mothers talk about. "But I don't think I'm ready," I pant, turning to look at Dr. Roland who is busy rolling up his sleeves as if preparing to operate on me which is unsettling. My chest tightens and I turn the opposite way to look at Damion who's standing by my side and he locks eyes with mine, panicked worried blue to panicked scared grey.

As if suddenly awakened from his trance, he sharply inhales before clasping my hand in both of his hands. "Kay, don't be scared, I'm here and everything's going to be okay," he says, but he then pauses as fear and excitement washes over his face. "He'll be here soon," and I look up at him with a weak smile, he's right, our sweet boy will be here very shortly, well I hope so.

Everything begins to happen very fast as Elizabeth and Dr. Roland helps me to adjust my position for delivery, and the pressure that I have been feeling down there intensifies immediately and I feel like... I feel like I need to take the biggest poop of my life!

"I have to poop!" I suddenly yell, the pressure unbearable. I need to push right now.

And with that, it's as if my body takes control and I push for the first time, growling aloud as my fingers dig deep into Damion's skin and grip the chilly rails of the bed. I can hear Dr. Roland and Elizabeth and my mother in the background, but their words sound a foreign language as the only audible thing I can hear is my body telling me to push. I'm not sure how long I push for but I finally stop, panting as sweat trickles down the side of my face.

"Well done, Kayla, that's a good start," Dr. Roland says. "You were holding your breath for a long time there; only hold your breath for short periods of time, if at all, okay?"

"Can you see him?" I ask, looking between my legs at Elizabeth, "Have I done it?"

"Not yet, sweetie, you're going to need a few more pushes," she replies.

Dr. Roland begins to encourage me to push, explaining that I must listen to my body and breathe and take breaks, but I feel as if it's all coming through one ear and leaving through the other, as the only thing on my mind is to push.

"You're nearly there, baby, you're doing it," Damion says, and I turn to look at him, the only voice I need to hear. "I'm right here, just breathe and squeeze my hand and let me take away your pain, I've got you," he continues, and I know he's trying to be strong, for me.