Chapter Seven

Kayla: 12 weeks pregnant

I begin to turn around in the large relaxing bed, but I am stopped by a strong muscular arm. I flutter open my eyes to inspect the object that is stopping my movement and I am startled to see Damion’s arm slumped over my waist. I don’t remember falling asleep in Damion’s arms? In fact, we both felt rather awkward sleeping together, so we slept at completely opposite sides of the bed with a pillow in-between us.

I turn my head around to face Damion, and I can’t help but smile as I watch him peacefully sleep. His usually perfect blonde hair is untidy and ragged and it’s shooting out in all different directions. He softly inhales and exhales and every now and then he lets out a small snore. I try to remove his arm from around my waist, but he only grips on harder.

I take a deep breath, getting ready to try and remove his arm from around me, but he then mumbles and turns to lie on his back, disconnecting his arm from my waist. My eyes suddenly dive to a large tent on his crotch. My mouth hang opens and my face flushes to a bright red. I desperately try not to gaze at his erection so I clear my throat and sit upright, tying my hair up. Damion mumbles something, startling me, “What time is it?”

My eyes swerve back to his crotch; I blush then stutter as I look at him, “Um, uh....”

He gradually opens his eyes and he fixes his sleepily gaze on me, “Why are you blushing? And good morning.” I blush even more and look at his erection, clearing my throat. Damion’s eyes follow mine to his crotch.

Recognition dawns and he suddenly jumps up, grabs the sheets and while practically falling off the bed he tries to cover his erection. His face turns as bright as a tomato. I bite my lip, desperately trying not to laugh as I stare at him, his face filled with embarrassment. He has left me lying on the bed, with no sheets covering my body as he has taken all of the sheets to cover the lower half of his body. The atmosphere suddenly begins to feel rather awkward and I fiddle my toes, wondering what to say next.

“Uh look, I’m sorry,” he says. He growls and sinks his head into the sheets as he mumbles to himself, “This is so embarrassing.”

I decide to not look at him because I will only end up laughing. “Well I’m going to go into the shower now and get ready,” I say as I begin to step out of the bed.

I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror hanging against the wall. I stop and stare at myself, running my hands through my mattered hair as I let out a sigh. I’m wearing pink spotty pyjamas and my hair is tied up in a messy bun. This isn’t exactly the way I hoped to look when waking up for the first time with Damion. I then walk out of the bedroom and into the front room, startled by the mess. I can’t believe I haven’t even started to unpack my things; I’m usually such a neat freak. When I came here yesterday it was so clean and tidy, but now it looks like a tornado’s passed though.

I walk over to a box titled ‘Books’ and I look over to Damions rather empty bookshelf. There’s one book lined up on the second shelf and two magazines lying on the bottom shelf. “Damion?” I call out.

Seconds later Damion walks into the room with a towel wrapped around his waist, exposing his toned chest, “Yeah?” My gaze suddenly fixes on his chest. It just looks so perfect, in fact too perfect, but he has got a  little scar above his navel, which is kind of sexy.

I dive me eyes away from his chest then ask, “Oh, um do you mind if I put some of my books on your bookshelf?”

“Yeah go ahead, I hardly use the thing, and what time’s your appointment with the Doctor?” he asks.

“It’s at ten thirty,” I explain.

He nods and then drags a hand through his hair as he yawns and turns around. He then stops at the door and turns around to face me, “Um, Kayla?”