Chapter Thirty

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thirty chapters, wow! In case you're wondering, yes TNTCE is nearlly finished. It is quite a long story because I'm accounting 9 months of their lives due to Kayla's pregnancy, with some chapters being days apart, or sometimes week. I've now added how far along Kayla is into her pregnancy on each chapter so you can all keep track. Also, the upcoming chapters and the ending will be really, really good and I'm so excited to write them and share them with you guys.

I'm not so sure about this chapter as I wrote it in a bit of a rush because I really wanted to get it up for you guys and to keep my story active. So please do comment your opinion of the chapter and story as a whole. And as usual, if every single person that read could simply click vote, then that would be amazing in making the story more popular. But please do vote only if you enjoyed the chapter and you're liking the story. I'm currently #90 in Romance and #184 in General fiction so lets help it get lower!

Did I also mention that TNTCE passed 500,000 reads? It's currently at 510,000 and I'm so greatful for all of you lovely, dedicated and supportive readers! 

Enjoy!

Lots of love, Chelcia xx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kayla: 28 weeks pregnant 

“Okay, I’ll see you in three weeks but if there’s anything wrong or you simply have any more questions, then you don’t have to wait for an appointment. You can just give your midwife a ring or you can book an appointment with me at any time,” Doctor Anne explains with her comforting smile, as she leads Kasha and I to her office door, before extending it open for us.

“Thank you,” I smile, tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear as I make my way outside of her office and into the rather empty waiting area.

“You’re welcome, now just make sure that you take care of yourself and the baby,” she emphasizes before exchanging her goodbyes with Kasha.

As soon as we exit through the sliding automatic doors, Kasha retrieves her round sunglasses from her purse and puts them on, shaking her crimson hair in a dramatic, movie star way as we walk into the early afternoon sunlight.

 “It was so lovely to see the baby and to hear his little heart beat,” Kasha says as we walk towards the parking lot, grinning as she links her arm with mine, “Thank you for asking me to join you.”

“Oh, you know you can come anytime,” I say, “And I know right and he’s gotten so much bigger compared to the last time I saw him,” I smile.

She lets out an awe before asking, “Should we grab something to eat?”

“For once I’m not hungry,” I chuckle, “I had a big breakfast but we can still grab something if you’re hungry.”

“Let’s go to a drive through,” she says as we walk with our arms intertwined like two teenage girls towards my parked car.

Five minutes into the journey, Kasha turns down the radio that’s blaring music into the car before adjusting herself in her passenger seat to face me. “So, let’s discuss your baby shower,” she insists.

My baby shower? I pause, briefly considering my response. “I haven’t really thought about having one to be quite honest,” I explain, glancing at her as I momentarily take my eyes from off of the road.