Chapter Twenty Nine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi lovelies,

I'm finally back and up and running with TNTCE. I'm sure you've seen my messages and know that this year and I had to completely focus on my studies and exams so I had to put writing on a hold. But now that I've finished, it's time to finish this story of for you guys!

As you can see, TNTCE is 6,000 reads away from 500,000 so please help me to promote by simply posting the link on social networks, telling your friends and family etc. I'm also in the process of editing the story as I go along and I've updated the prologue, chapter 1 & 2 so take a look at them and see how you like them (not much has changed, only better)

Finally, thank you all for reading, I appreciate every single one of you, especially the ones that continuously message me asking for updates and the ones that have been reading from the first upload. I love you all and I hope you enjoy this chapter. Please do vote as votes are very important and if there are any chapters that you have liked but have forgotten to vote for, please do so! And also I appreciate all of your comments and I always read them, even if I don't reply to all of them so please comment! As usual, please comment with any errors you see.

Enjoy,

Lots of love, Chelcia xx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Kayla: 24 weeks pregnant

“The sky is so pretty,” I say as I stand by the extensive floor-ceiling window, looking on over the city. The barely visible clouds stretch long across the sky as the sun drowns in the horizon, its rays of sunlight disappearing into an array of pink, orange, yellow and blue colours.  Recently, I’ve been watching the sun set every evening and it has this sort of calming effect on me; it’s as if it sooths every concern away from me as the day passes. There’s something special about the sunset, especially at the beginning of summer, the way in which it’s so delicate and calming and sends you into a trance as you’re lost in the beautiful colours that paint the sky. Sometimes when Damion’s still at work and I’m all alone in the apartment, I like to sit against the window, allowing my back to melt against the cool glass as I lose myself into a book as the city goes to sleep behind me.

“Do you want to go out for a walk along the beach and grab an ice-cream?” Damion asks. His breath lightly brushes against my neck as he rests his arms above mine that are resting below my stomach, whilst resting his head ever so gently on my shoulder as he too looks at the view.

I want to still be angry at him for going after that evil bitch, like he always does which I know satisfies her ego, but it would be cold of me not to forgive him, which I always do and way too easily. From the crib, to the Mexican-style dinner that he prepared, to the relaxing foot massage that he gave me whilst nearly making me wet myself as he told me the funniest of stories.

“You had me at ice-cream,” I finally smile whilst turning around to face him, before I cloak my arms around his neck, locking my eyes with his.

He chuckles and his hands move down to my hips as he lowers his head and presses a delicate kiss onto my lips, before cheekily tapping my arse which leads my eyes to open widely as he says, “Great, so go and get ready.”

Twenty minutes later, with my dripping blueberry ice cream in one hand, and Damion’s hand in the other, we walk along the beach. It’s pretty empty apart from a couple of runners running along the shore and elderly couples walking their dogs. I deeply inhale and the air smells refreshing and new with the undeniable trace of the salt from the sea lurking in the air. The cool sand crunches beneath my feet as it make its way inside of my sandals and tickle my toes. Beautiful colours paint the dark ocean in colours of red and orange as it reflects the colourful sky. We simply walk in silence, hand in hand, absorbing the beauty and tranquillity of the scenery as we indulge in our ice creams.