Chapter Seventeen

• Dedicated to To my dear uncle who sadly passed away recently :(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello everyone, here's chapter seventeen! It feels kind of weird knowing that I've written chapter seventeen because it feels like only yesterday that I uploaded my prologue! The feedback that I'm getting for this story is absolutely amazing and I can't stop thanking you guys. 

Well I hope you really enjoy it and if you do, please comment! If you spot any errors or mistakes please notify me as well. 

Don't forget to vote, thank you <3

Chelcia xx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Damion

I stare at my reflection in the mirror, buttoning up my maroon shirt as I prepare to meet Kayla later on tonight. I pick up my black tie and place it to my neck, frowning as I consider whether to wear it or not. I don’t want to go over the top and look too formal, besides, it’s not like we’re getting married, but then again, it is our first date. I decide to unbutton the top buttons of my shirt, adding a sense of casualness to my outfit. 

In less than fifteen minutes, I finally finish getting ready. I glide my fingers through my freshly combed hair, setting it to the side before drenching myself in my Hugo Boss Cologne. I grab hold of my car keys, wallet and phone and head to the door, before vaguely glancing at my watch. It’s five thirty and Kayla should be home anytime soon, I want to give her some time and space to get ready. I jog down the hallway stairs and exit the building, before entering into my black Range Rover.

I crawl through the traffic filled streets, impatiently tapping my fingers along the steering wheel as the cars in front of my slightly slug forward. A line of cars begin to honk their horns behind me in frustration, “There’s nothing I can do about it!” I yell before cursing under my breath. A side road in the distance catches my eye and I smoothly turn off into the calm, traffic free road, letting out a sigh of relief as I cruise along. 

Ten minutes later, I step out of the car, frowning as I walk along the neatly stoned pathway to the memorable house that I’ve shared many nights at. I glance up at the reasonably sized house before clearing my throat and thudding my fist against the door. I bury my hands in my pocket as I wait in silence, waiting for the door to open as I listen to the footsteps patter down the stairs, “Coming!” the voice cries out from inside.

The door suddenly flies open, revealing Rosie. She’s dressed in a navy blue Hollister tracksuit and her usually faultless hair is swirled up into a messy bun. She puckers her brows as she looks at me in confusion, but it’s not long until a smiles spreads across her face. She leans against the wall and places her hand on her hips, “Well you’re not exactly the pizza guy that I was expecting,” she grins, “But you will do.”

I ignore her comment and step inside, disregarding a hello, “I’ve come to talk Rosie.”

She turns around and looks at me in blow, “Well that was a pleasant hello,” she says as she closes the door behind her and leads me into the kitchen. Following entering into the kitchen, I take out a stool from around the large island centred in the middle of her kitchen and sit down in annoyance. “Drink?” She asks as she opens the fridge, peering inside.

“No thanks,” I reply as I brace myself to confront my ex girlfriend.

She pours herself a tall glass of Coke and silently sips it before taking a seat opposite me. “So where are you all dressed up to go?” She asks before flirtatiously grinning at me, “Or is this all for me?”