23. Kenny and Cas: The Real Ghostbusters

"One room, queen-sized bed, please," I said to the guy behind the register of the motel as I layed some cash on the counter that I won.. fairly.. with a pool game. He pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose, looked me up and down, and smirked.

"How 'bout we make it a king-sized, huh? Enough room for the both of us," He said. I rolled my eyes and looked the guy up and down.

"How 'bout you just get me the room I want, leave me alone and I won't cut off your manhood?" I counter as I smile at him sweetly. He loses the smirk and gulps, looking down and taking the cash.  Without saying another word, he puts the money in the cash register and hands me a key.

"Room 09," He mutters, just loud enough to be understood. I pick up my duffel and head out for my room with a smirk. It's quite a gift how I can scare guys away sometimes. Others would not see this as a good thing, but me? I think it's great.

When I get to the door, I unlock it with the key I received to see Cas already  in the room, sitting on the bed with a book in his lap.

"Good, you're here," He said, looking up from the book. "It always amazes me how humans can sit in a car for so long. They're so.. confining and slow."

I chuckle. "We don't all have wings, Cas." He smiles at that.

"So what now?" He asks.

"Well," I start as I put my duffel down on the bed and zip it open. "Usually I start with doing a lot of research but since you already know who and what it is, I should go downtown, ask the police what's up and all that." I get out an FBI-badge and the clothes I have to wear to go undercover.

"I can come with you," Cas says hesitantly. I give him a strange look.

"Why do you want to come?" I ask.

"Dean and I once worked a case," He told me. "I still have the badge he gave me. I can hunt." He smiled a small crooked smile. I contemplated it for a moment and then shrugged. 

"Okay, sure. Shouldn't be too much trouble." With that, I took the clothes into the bathroom and changed into a black pencil skirt, a white button-up blouse and a navy blue blazer. I hid my gun in the back of my skirt, the blazer was big enough to cover it up. 

"You ready?" I asked Cas as I exited the bathroom. He was still sitting on the bed with the book in his lap, reading it closely until I entered the room.

"Yes, I was just uh, waiting for you," He tells me as he puts the book down.

"What were you reading anyway?" I ask as I pick the book up from the bed and read the title. I let out a small laugh.

"'Social interaction for dummies?'" I read out loud. Cas shuffles his feet, looking a bit embarrassed.

"That time with Dean... my uh.. social skills weren't that good," He mutters with a low voice.

"What did you say?" I ask, a small smile tugging at my lips.

"There was an explosion at a gas station and I told the deputy that it was angels and demons fighting that caused it," He explains. I look at the angel for a moment and then laugh.

"Man, you are such an angel," I say. He gives me a weird look.

"Are you complementing me?" He questions.

"Not really," I say with a smile. "Let me do most of the talking, and you can help with deducting, Sherlock," I tell him with a wink. One corner of his mouth pulls up a bit in a small smirk. For as far as angels can smile, this is the most I'm probably going to get.

"Alright, let's go," I say and clap my hands together.

"I'll meet you there," He says with a nod.