1. In the Beginning...

A/N: first fanfiction, so please bear with me :)

I love Supernatural and now that the hiatus has come over us, I decided to start a little story based on the show. I do not own any of the charachters from the show, only Kendall and her story are mine as I made her up. Enjoy!

According to the police report, people had gone missing in those woods where Kendall went 'hiking', and then a day later the bodies would be found, but in a gruesome state. Bite wounds would be all over the body and it would be drained of blood.

Of course they told the civilians it was a wild animal attack. That's what they always said. Only a few people knew that it was, indeed, not human, but it wasn't any kind of animal either. It was a vampire. Now who would believe you if you told them it was a vampire? No one would, believe me. They would call the police on you and send your ass to a mental institution.

That's why the hunters of the supernatural keep it a secret. All of it. Remember those stories your parents used to tell you when you went to bed, or your friends when you were sitting around a campfire? The stories about the monsters of the night? Well, almost every one of those, is true. And that's the secret no one knows.

Kendall is a hunter, and a good one at that. For six years she has been doing the job no one else really wants to do. She's not the only one though, there is a network of hunters all over the country. They drive around looking for cases to solve, to save people. It's the only thing they know how to do. People get into hunting for revenge mostly, to kill the son of a bitch that killed someone close to them. Either that, or you're raised into it.

***

"I'd like a cup of coffee, please," I told the waitress. I was sat in a booth at some local diner in Alliance, Nebraska. After taking down that vampire I decided to stay one more night. I'll be gone after breakfast. She scribbled my order down with a smile.

"Coming right up, dear." She went to walk away but I quickly stopped her.

"Any chance you have any pie?" I asked with a chuckle. The sweet waitress laughed.

"We do, raspberry. I'll get you a piece but pie for breakfast isn't healthy you know?" She scolded me, with a smile nonetheless. I smiled and told her I know. She walked away and I was alone again.

I looked out the window and felt at peace for a moment. After a hunt I was always exhausted, physically and mentally. After a good night's rest I'd be fine again though, and I'd actually feel at peace for a moment. A feeling that never lasted long. No exception this time. Because as I looked through the window, an old classic car rolled up the parking lot. I recognized it as a 1967 Chevrolet Impala. And I only knew two hunters with that exact car. And I didn't believe in coincidences.

The waitress, Kelly, came back with my cup of coffee and a piece of pie. I thanked her and she went back to work. I immediately went back to watching that car and sure enough, two men stepped out of the car. The Winchesters. The one who was driving, Dean, had short dark blond hair, green eyes and a muscular body. His younger brother Sam had brown hair that reached his shoulders - I swear that guy could use a haircut - had brown eyes and he was really tall, even though he was the younger Winchester.

They were both wearing suits, which meant they were undercover as Federal Agents, which meant they were hunting. Probably the same vampire I ganked last night. It is most likely I am going to have to talk to them to tell them the case has already been taken care of. And that was something I didn't really look forward to.

They entered the diner and Kelly walked up to them. She was in her mid forties but I could tell she was affected by their looks. Because let's be honest, puberty did them real good. It didn't effect me that bad, as I considered myself a professional and wouldn't let my hormones take a ride on that roller coaster.