32. Fender Bender

And once again, Sam and Dean Winchester were dead.

Well, to the public, at least. And it wasn't actually Sam and Dean that were dead of course, it was Leviathan-Dean and Leviathan-Sam. May they rest in hell.

Bobby had shut off the television, shutting up the news lady telling us about the violent end of the crime brothers.

"That should take the heat off," Bobby sighed contently, getting up from the couch. I was standing by the kitchen table, putting on my leather jacket as I got ready to go out. I had been cooped up in this cabin with my uncle for too long and I was starting to get antsy. The brothers wouldn't be home for at least another day either, so it was starting to get real boring in here. Well, except for our little secret in the basement of course. Who was now suffering from third degree borax-burns. And also didn't have a head anymore.

I looked over to the dirty, taped shut, cardboard box on the table and grimaced at the sight of the black goo seeping through the bottom and the sides.

"What did you want me to do with its head again?" I asked my uncle, never looking away from the box.

"Well for starters, don't open it," He chuckled and I gave him a look. He quickly held his hands up in surrender. "Hey, it might start talking to ya."

"Right, a little small talk with our lovely Chatty Kathy will definitely get me to open that box, for sure, " I said and rolled my eyes, to which Bobby mimicked my actions. He then walked over to me, grabbed the box and pushed it into my hands. Reluctantly, with disgust, I took the box from him, feeling the weight of the head in my hands.

"Just, find a bridge and toss it in the drain; bury it six foot down; whatever. Just make sure it'll never see the light of day again," Bobby grumbled and stepped back, walked over to the door and opened it for me, revealing the dusky evening sky. "Now if you would excuse me, I have a body to bury." I grimaced and nodded.

"Roger that. See ya later, Bobs," I answered and walked through the door, heading for my car. I can hear Bobby protesting against the little nickname I just gave him, but I choose to ignore it with a smile, and then the door of the cabin slammed shut. I opened the door on the passenger side of the trusty old Mustang, and put the box down on the floor of the car. Not really in the mood to ruin the leather on the seats.

I close the door and stand still for a moment, looking up at the dark blue sky. A few faint stars have started to show themselves, getting ready for the night. I let out a sigh and notice the chilly air responding to my warm breath. I smile at the calmness of the night, and feel the calm in my mind as well. It was a feeling I wasn't unfamiliar with. I had it quite often after finishing a successful hunt. Even though the Leviathans were still a big ol' mysterie to us, we had finally, after weeks of research and hiding, gotten one step further in understanding these monsters, and one step closer to icing them.

Smiling to myself, I pushed myself off the car, opened the door and got into the driver's seat. This calls for a celebration.

***

With force and a loud bang, I set the shot glass down on the dirty wooden bar after downing its contents. The liquor burned its way down my throats and I squeezed my eyes shut at the sensation. It was a good feeling though. Sort of bittersweet.

When I open my eyes I see the bartender eyeing me with an amused smile. He was quite a big man, buff almost, with a beard and long hair tied up in a man bun.

"You on a mission or something?" He asked and looked down at the three shot glasses that stood between us in a row. I shot the man a grin.

"I'm celebrating," I told him. "Can I get a whiskey, please?"