Chapter 17

Before I start this chapter, I really need to ask you guys something.

When I update, please comment on my work. No, it's not because I'm stuck up, it's because I really need to know how I did, even though you may not have liked it. When you guys don't update me, I don't know if I should continue the story or not.

So please, please, please comment.

P.S, I know the last chapter was crappy. I am mortally dying of embarrassment because of it.

"Her light is as loud as as many ambulances
As it takes to save a savior, oh,
She floats through the room on a big balloon
Some say, "She's such a fake,"
That her love is made up
No, no, no, no

Let's have another toast to the girl almighty
Let's pray we stay young, stay made of lightning

Am I the only, only believer?
There's something happening here,

The only, only believer
There's something happening here,
I hope you feel what I'm feeling too."
-Girl Almighty, One Direction 

After the, erm, incident, Clara was thoroughly flustered. She and Sirius had continued studying as if they hadn't almost kissed at all. With a jerk, Clara's eyes widened. Holy Merlin, we almost kissed! She thought in disbelief. Sirius looked up from his textbook with his eyebrows pulled together.

                "What are you doing?" He asked, eyeing her with confusion.

                Taking a deep breath, Clara shook her head. "Nothing, I'm just tired." She lied quickly, unable to meet his eyes directly, so she settled with staring at his forehead. "I need a coffee."

                "Or rest," Sirius reminded, closing his book and leaning back on his hands. He closed his eyes and let his head droop backwards, his dark hair falling over his right eye, and Clara caught a first-hand look at his Adam's apple. In the heat, he had unbuttoned the first few buttons of his shirt, and she could see his collarbones.

                You're such a creep. She told herself in embarrassment.

                "I know you're staring at me."

                Clara jumped at the sound of his voice and glared at him, even though his eyes were still closed. His lips tugged upwards in a smirk. "I was just thinking about how stupid you looked." She retorted.

                Sirius cracked one eye open and looked at her through his lashes. "Ouch, Clare. That hurt right here." He patted his hand over his heart.

                "I'm sure you'll survive." Clara teased lightly.

                Sirius sighed and sat up straight, stretching his long limbs while looking at Clara in amusement. "What, you're not going to yell at me for calling you Clare?"

                Clara sighed. "Why are you constantly trying to get me to yell at you?"

                Sirius blinked his pale eyes. "I'm not."

                Clara smirked, leaning to the side on one hand, her head resting on her shoulder. "Could've fooled me." She burst out laughing at his expression.

                Sirius launched a pillow at her from the opposite end of her bed and it hit her in the face, successfully cutting her laughter short. "Don't be mean to me!" He whined. Of course, he didn't really mind because seeing her smirk like that had made her look so hot that Sirius' brain short-circuited a little.

                With difficulty she managed to wipe her amusement off her face. "Okay, okay, I'll be... serious."

                Sirius scowled at her as she burst into a fresh wave of laughter. "Clever. How long did it take for you to think about that one?"

                "Longer than I'd probably admit." Clara said truthfully, her eyes bright with amusement.

                Sirius rolled his eyes and lowered his back onto the bed as he took out his wand, his legs landing in Clara's lap.

                Clara wrinkled her nose and pushed his heavy limbs off of her small body. "Gross," She muttered, dusting off her clothes.

                Sirius grinned at her smugly, tracing out random patterns into the air with the tip of his wand. He drew out a familiar pattern of a blue bird, tapping it once and bringing the animation to life. The small bird flapped around his head before it began pecking painfully at his skull. Clara burst into a fit of laughter as Sirius shrieked in pain, whacking the small bird out of existence, the blue apparition exploding in blue dust.

                Sirius groaned as he sat back up, rubbing his hand. "What a wanker." He cursed, muttering more profanities under his breath.

                Clara stopped laughing long enough to say, "Don't swear at the poor bird, you conjured it." She looked at him with amusement dancing on her lips.

                For a moment, Sirius forgot the throbbing pain in his head as his eyes flickered to her smooth pink lips. He wondered what it'd feel like if he kissed them. He was vaguely sure of Clara's voice filling with concern as he yanked himself out of his fantasy.

                "Are you alright?" Clara asked him, no longer laughing. She frowned with worry.

                Sirius waved off her concern, the pain already subsiding. "I'm fine, don't worry." He grinned at her to strengthen his point.

                Clara nodded to herself, searching his face to detect any lies. "Okay."

                Sirius nodded as well, feeling slightly shy under her direct gaze. "Okay."

                Clara's eyes darted back to his eyes and she smiled lightly. "So, what do you want to do now?"

                Kissing you would be nice, Sirius thought. "I don't know. I thought you were tired?" He said instead.

                Clara shrugged. "I am, but I don't want to fall asleep on you."

                "You can sleep if you want to, I won't mind."

                Clara shook her head. "No, I'd rather just talk."

                Sirius shrugged. "Sure, what do you want to talk about?"

                "We could always play twenty one questions." Clara proposed hopefully. Sirius nodded and grinned.

                "Sure," Suddenly, Sirius' grin turned into a sly smile. "You know what would make this even more fun?"

                "What?" Clara replied hesitantly.

                "Playing twenty one questions under the effects of Veritaserum."

                Under normal circumstances, she would've said no, but with the smirk that tugged the corners of Sirius' lips, she found herself agreeing.

And voila! Sorry this is a bit short, but I think the content makes up for length. Anyways, as always, comments are appreciated!