Chapter 6

That night Clara had a strange dream. Well, it was more of a memory, actually. She was eleven years old, standing beside Rose, who was crying softly. "You're sick! All of you!" A boy, around the age of fifteen, shouted. He was standing, red faced, in front of a younger version of her dad. "You're getting her married at the age of seventeen!" The boy continued angrily.

"Seventeen is the perfect age for marriage!" Joseph hollered back, "You can't tell me what I can and can't do with my daughters!"
"DAUGHTERS? YOU TREAT THEM LIKE THEY'RE YOUR PROPERTY!" The boy hollered, roughly pushing Joseph. Clara let out a frightened squeak and clutched her older sisters arm. Joseph stumbled but regained his balance quickly and sent a fist flying at the brunettes face and it connected with his jaw. A stomach twisting knot pulled in Clara's stomach and her legs turned to water.

"Dad!" Rose screamed, rushing forward to aid the injured boy.
"Leave him, Rose," Joseph spat, "let him learn his lesson." He pulled back his hand and cracked the back against the boys cheek, leaving him screaming in pain. This time, Clara let out a scream and staggered backwards. Rose let out a loud sob and gripped the boy, who's nose was broken, tightly.

"I won't let you end up like them, Clara," He panted, "I'll come back to get you." He staggered towards her and pressed his lips against her forehead. He turned around and walked towards the mahogany doors.

"Stop!" Rose sobbed, "P-Please, Aaron, come back!"

Clara couldn't move.

He said, "Don't worry about me, Rose, I can make it on my own," He assured, "Just take care of Rose for me, will you?" He walked back towards her and kissed her forehead as well. He turned around again and, without looking back, left the Campbell Manor without a second thought.

Clara awoke with a start. Cold sweat was making her shirt stick to her back and rolled over to her side, eyes burning. The world was just about to wake outside, the sun casting it's golden arms stretching through the violet darkness. It had to be around five a.m and Clara wondered vaguely why she had been dreaming of her older brother.

Just a bit of a filler chapter then...