Chapter 20

Auxilim

That means 'help', Sirius panicked as he ran down the corridors, and turning into the Hospital Wing. 

"Madame Pomphrey!" He yelled, running through the rows of hospital beds. 

The nurse shuffled out of her office, looking alarmed. "Good Merlin, Mr. Black, what is this ruckus about?" 

"It's an emergency..." Sirius panted. "Please, we need your help," 

Madame Pomphrey's kind face darkened. "Lead the way, Mr. Black,"

~*~

Madame Pomphrey and Sirius hurried back to the common room, medicine clinking in the matron's bag as they stopped in front of the portrait of the Fat Lady. 

"Chocolate frogs!" Sirius said hurriedly, and the portrait swung open. 

As the two made their way up the stairs, Lily's frantic voice flooded the hallway. 

"Don't close your eyes!" 

~*~

After that, it was hard to say what happened. All Sirius could recall was the intense feeling of fear causing him to freeze in his spot while Lily and Madame Pomphrey attempted to assess and fix the situation. 

Evidently, with Clara crumpled on the floor and getting paler and paler, whatever she was doing wasn't helping at all. So when the nurse point her wand at the window and produced a patronus charm with urgency, she called for the aid of the headmaster and the head of the Gryffindor house. Lily was crying, and Sirius wasn't doing too well himself but he found the energy to walk over to kneel beside her. 

At the back of his mind he remembers telling her that everything was going to be okay, and she sobbed out a broken, "We never even made up!" before the door burst open for the third time to reveal Dumbledore and McGonagall. Sirius had never been so relieved to see a professor in his entire life. 

"Ms. Evans, Mr. Black, move to the side please," Dumbledore said, moving towards Clara, Professor McGonagall trailing behind him with a pale face. 

Sirius helped Lily to her feet, and to the other side of the room, where they both sat on Lily's bed, too shaken to talk. 

Things started to get really bad when Dumbledore tried to pour a shiny, silver potion into Clara's mouth. Some of the potion missed her lips, and splattered onto her chin and immediately started to steam. Then, Clara let out a shrill hiss of pain, grabbing her face with a weak hand and curling in on her side. 

Sirius was on his feet instantly, "What's going on? What happened to her?" He said, pushing in between the adults to kneel beside Clara's head. He hovered his hands over her skin, wondering what would happen if he tried to touch her.