3

Once Clara was in a flowing skirt and a simple t-shirt, and Sirius was in a tank top and a pair of jeans, they sat down on the common room floor, their textbooks sprawled around them.

"So," Sirius began, "which subject first?" Clara pondered for a while before saying,

"Transfiguration. We know that that's going to be the toughest exam," Sirius nodded and pulled out the heavy book, flipping through the pages.

"Okay, you test me first," Clara said, not taking her eyes off the chapter Animagus' and How To Become One.

"Why do we have to take these anyway?" Sirius groaned, flexing his arms, making his muscles protrude. He quickly glanced at Clara, only to be disappointed. Not even a single glace.

"They determine our professions, Sirius," She said, pulling her hair into a ponytail. Sirius surprisingly found himself staring at the pearly skin that stretched over her shoulders. Gulping, he forced himself out of his thoughts. Be decent, Padfoot, he told himself firmly, she's not like that.

"Oh, and what do you want to be?" He asked curiously, yanking himself out of his daydream.

Clara looked up from her textbook and stared at a spot someplace behind Sirius, "Well," She smiled, "I'd like to be an Auror.." She trailed off.

"But?" Sirius said knowingly.

"But," She began, "I'd also like to become a professor here. How about you?"

"An Auror, duh." He said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"And what if you don't become an Auror?" Clara raised her eyebrows.

"Then I'd become a professor as well, I guess." Sirius shrugged.

"Here," Clara threw her text book at him, "I'm ready."

Sirius groaned, "Can't we do this later?"

"No, we can't," Clara responded calmly, "our NEWTs are coming up!"

"I know, but can't we take a break? My brain hurts!" Sirius whined. Clara sighed.

"Fine. But only for a few minutes!" She hesitantly agreed. Sirius fist pumped the air and sprawled out on the couch, closing his stormy gray eyes. He better not fall asleep, Clara thought wearily, rubbing her eyes. She picked up her textbook and sat down on the old and battered desk in front of her. Propping her chin up on her hand, she began revising all seven years of learning. Soon, a monstrous head ache banged against her skull. Closing the heavy textbook with a loud clap, she closed her eyes and rested her head on her arms. I'll rest for a bit, she thought sleepily, then we can revise. Little did she know that she was falling into a deep slumber.

When Sirius woke up, the first thing he noticed was the beautiful sunset outside. Fierce reds and oranges were painted against the indigo night. He then noticed the long forgotten textbook that lay open on the rug. With a jolt, he remembered his study date with Clara. Clara... Where did she go? he thought. Sweeping a look across the abandoned common room, his eyes fell on Clara's small body slumped against the desk a few steps away. Her beautiful blue eyes were shut and her curly ringlets fell on her face. The sunset outside made the tips her hair a flaming orange. Standing up, he walked over to her and gently shook her shoulder.

"Clara.. Clara wake up..." He said softly, brushing the chocolate brown hair from her rosy cheeks. Clara let out a small groan and her eyes fluttered open.

"Sirius?" She asked confusedly.

"That was an excellent study session, wasn't it?" He chuckled. She let out a lazy laugh and sat up straight and Sirius saw that the cheek she was sleeping on had turned bright red.

"It must be dinnertime." She said, casting a look at the vacant room. Right on cue, Sirius' stomach let out a fierce growl. He smiled sheepishly as Clara sang out a giggle.

"I guess I'm right," She giggled, "Let's go, down to the kitchens, yeah?"

"Why don't we just go to the Great Hall?" Sirius asked confusedly.

"I just don't feel like being around a crowd today." Clara wrinkled her nose, "That is if you want to." She added hastily.

"No!" He answered back a little to quickly, "I mean, it's fine with me. Let's go." He held his hand out for her to take. She placed her tiny, delicate hand inside his and a spark ran through his body.

Clara noticed that her hand slid into Sirius' nicely. Like a puzzle piece. A perfect match. Grinning ear-to-ear, Sirius led the way to the kitchens.

Taa daa! I managed to edit bits of this chapter so forgive me if there are any spelling or punctuation mistakes! So here's a bit of Sirius\Clara in the making. Comment your thoughts on this?