✩Prologue✩

Jungkook Before Debut~

I was in seventh grade when I auditioned for Superstar K2, unfortunately I got eliminated. Then an opportunity appeared! I got casted by one of Big Hit Entertainment's staff. I worked hard to show Bang Sihyuk PD (head of Big Hit Entertainment) what I was able to do, but he said my dancing had "no emotion, no emotion". Eventually, he sent me to America for dance training.

While I was in America, I went to a dance academy. Famous choreographers taught me Urban Style, Female Dancing Style, Powerful Dances, and many more. It was tough since I was so young, but it was worth it if I wanted to debut.

The dance academy had allowed me to have some breaks. I was able to stroll around the blocks near the academy. Every time I had a break, I would always take the same stroll. Then, there was that one day...

I was heading back into the building when I seemed to recognize a similar figure. I stopped my tracks and stared at her short hair and school uniform, it's a Korean school uniform. I wondered why she's wearing a Korean school uniform in America. She felt like someone I knew, not because she was Korean. I shrugged my shoulders and headed inside. Then there was a sudden scream from a passerby. I quickly turned around and saw the girl had twisted her ankle in the middle of the street. A car was coming at a quick speed, I quickly ran towards her and dragged her out of the way into safety. While dragging her out of the way, I had accidentally hit my head on a nearby street post and fainted.

I was sent to the hospital. My dance choreographers came to visit and check up on me. Then I remembered the girl, I'm pretty sure she came to the same hospital as me to treat her ankle. When visiting hours were over, I called over a nurse. Good thing the nurse knew Korean.

"What happened to the girl who twisted her ankle? The one who was sent here at the same time as me?" I stared at the nurse for answers.

She smiles, "Don't worry about her, she's alright now, she's already been sent home."

I droop my head down a bit, I wanted to meet her and say hello, but she already left, I didn't even get to see her face.

The nurse was about to leave, "Oh yeah! The girl told me to tell you that she said 'Thank You'." Then she left.

I was all alone in the room, but felt relieved that she was okay. I close my eyes and was about to fall asleep when suddenly I heard something in my mind. It was a girl singing, she had a beautiful and soulful voice. I shake my head, it couldn't be that girl, then I heard the same voice saying "thank you for saving me and please wake up fast". It is her! How could I have heard her while I was unconscious?

I was able to leave the hospital the next morning and headed back to the dance academy. I continued practising for the rest of the year. When it was the day I was heading back to Korea, I stared at sky, "I will find 당신의 목소리 ( dangsin-ui moksori: your voice )."