1

I'm sitting comfortably on my bed, scrolling through Tumblr while occasionally laughing at some post that varies in content as I sip on some delicious hot cocoa. Winter really has it out for this poor town of mine this year, huh?

Mindlessly skip through memes and art, too preoccupied with my thoughts from earlier in the day, I almost fail to notice a simple array of colors that catch my eye. Something about it makes my chest tighten. The more I stare at their faces, the more I can't help but feel nostalgic towards this picture. Especially the one whose wardrobe consists of all purple. I feel like I know him better than the rest oddly enough.

 I feel like I know him better than the rest oddly enough

Is it fanart from a show I haven't heard of? I mean, I'm not that social at school, but I still have friends. . . we just don't watch television all that much. Though when we do, it's almost always our favorite shows that we've seen a million times over.

I click on the image and was immediately taken over to the artists' blog, eszart was her name. There only seems to be one post about the show, but the name of it continues to scratch at the back of my mind.

Code Lyoko?

I sigh and gaze over at the time. Just now, it changes from two thirty-one to two thirty-two am. My eyes feel baggy while my body feels sluggish.

Well, time to hit up Google.

I find more results than I know what to do with. For such an old and forgotten show, I didn't expect to find two separate fan pages that are relatively similar to one another. The character's names spring up on the wiki like a cat when they smell tuna.

Odd Della Robbia, the one who adores the color purple, is the loveable comic relief of the show. He seems to enjoy puns, dumb jokes, and especially his dog, Kiwi. Apparently, he eats like a human vacuum cleaner? How odd- wait. . . I walked right into that one.

Ulrich Stern, wearing dark greens and light browns, he seems to be a little bit of a grouch but acts friendly towards the ones he truly cares for. He takes some kind of Indonesian martial arts class and shares a room with Odd.

Aelita Schaeffer, a lovely pink flower, was thought to be the AI of Code Lyoko but is apparently human? I suppose I have actually to watch the show to understand more. Highly intelligent and is an amazing DJ.

Jeremie Belpois, looking comfortable in his blue turtleneck, was the one who first found Aelita and Lyoko. Just as smart as Aelita and manages the Super Computer but isn't all that great in his athletics. Honestly, who is these days?

Yumi Ishiyama, she looks as if she is currently going through a phase of wearing all black? Just like everyone else in their first few weeks of middle school. Her personality seems to be quite similar to Ulrich's, and she takes the same martial arts class together, which is coincidentally how they first met.

Last but not least, William Dunbar. He isn't in the picture, and it seems that not a lot of people like him because of the events of Season Four? Hmm. . . A lone wolf that's misunderstood that has a noticeable crush on Yumi and is willing to do anything to get her to like him back. If you ask me, that kinda sounds like Ulrich just a wee bit.

After skim reading through the plot, more and more memories begin to surface from when I was a child. I can't help but smile when remembering the events that take place in the show. As dangerous as it may have been, I wish I could've been there with the Lyoko Warriors, helping them save the world numerous times while forging an unforgettable bond with one another.

Yet I have to remember, they're only fictional. What an awful bummer.

I switch over to YouTube, seeing if I can find the show anywhere without going onto a website littered with buggy ads and or viruses. I smile as I stumble upon an entire playlist with all the seasons there with full episodes. Without clearly thinking about how absurdly late it was, I click on the prologue and dive into an ocean's worth of nostalgia.

~~~

If you're really dedicated or are as bored as I am, this show doesn't take that long to complete. It's been six days since I first started watching it early that morning, and I had finished the entire series surprisingly enough, including season five. I kinda wish they didn't leave us on a cliffhanger like they did. Don't suppose they're going to pick it back up any time soon.

I sigh and shove all my finished assignments back into my schoolbag and stretch, rolling onto my side. I reach for my laptop that rests on my nightstand and pull it onto my lap. Though I just completed the series, I can't help but have the urge to watch it yet again.

As soon as I press play, I notice the screen looks a bit funny. It only has a few seconds available for this episode, playing on a smooth and constant loop. There was an outline sketch of a path leading to the park to Kadic Academy.

Confused, I look around for an alternative option but could find none. Upon viewing the white screen, a few bolded words slowly flash repeatedly in the middle. I wish I didn't have my brightness all the way up this late at night. The screen switches from white to black, the words changing to its opposite.

I swallow thickly as I stare at the question. One so simple that it left a series of chills racing down my spine.

"Do you dare?"

I take a deep breath and let my curiosity get the best of me. I hover my mouse over the intimidating question and click on it. Almost a minute passes, nothing out of the blue appears to be happening.

"Well, sh-" I stop as I see a bright mixture of static-like colors flash all around me. I try to move away, but I find myself stuck, being forcibly pulled into something, and soon blacked out.

When I finally come to, I groan in pain as my eyes slowly flutter open, adjusting to the bright blue sky above my shaken figure.

I sit up slowly and bring my hand up to the side of my head as I check my surroundings. While my vision comes into focus, I take note that I was laying in the middle of a forest area, trees as far as the eye can see as well as some people here and there.

I sigh and stand up, using the shady tree beside me as support so I won't fall. I pluck a few small twigs out of my hair, trying to look somewhat presentable to the public.

"Hmm, where did she come from?" A voice chirps behind me. My heart jumps at the sudden sound. I whip my head around and come to the conclusion I would possibly have an anxiety attack sooner or later.

"O-Odd. . . ?" I question, taking a small step back.

"The one and only!" He laughs proudly, resting his hand on his hips.

I look around, feeling beyond panicked. Clearly, I must be dreaming. "I. . . B-But. . . where am I? One second, I'm resting at home, and the next second, I-I'm in a park?"

"Wait, you don't go to Kadic?" Odd questions. I shake my head. "Well, how about I get to know your name before you go? You seem like a pretty cool chick!" He laughs again, holding out his hand.

"U-Um, okay!" I nod. Odd grins from ear to ear.

"My name is (Y/n) (L/n)." I shake his hand. It's quite soft and warm. . .

"It's a pleasure to meet you, my lady!" He smiles brightly. I can't help but giggle.

Maybe I could spend some more time here before I actually need to worry about life back home. After all, this is just another dream of mine.

{Edited 2/11/20}

{1377 Words}