11

"Whatcha think?"

Elliot hands me back my journal with a heavy sigh. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Well, that's a concerning response." I sit up from his lap with a yawn. "But, yeah, I'm fine! Though it'd be nice if I could sleep some more."

"Winter Break is right around the corner!" His eyes glimmer with hope. "Do you think Xana takes breaks?"

"From what I remember?" I pause and think a bit. "Nope, not really. Unless it's planning something really awful that forces it to take a while."

Elliot slumps back, gazing at the cloudy sky. "I was hoping we could do something over the break. . ."

I wrap my arm around his shoulders and hug him from the sides. "Who says we still can't hang out? You're my bro, and I'll always make time for you!"

"B-Bro. . . ?"

"Yeah, bro, I'm soft for you!"

"This is so dumb, oh my god." He laughs, "Is this how you talk with your friends?"

"Sometimes, yeah! Though, mostly with my old friends."

My old friends, huh? I wonder if they're all doing alright? Nah, I shouldn't worry, of course, they're fine! Even if. . . I'm not there.

"Yoohoo~!" Before either of us realize what's going on, Sissi slides down beside me, a grin on her face. "How's my best friend doing today?"

I roll my eyes with a smile, "Pretty good! Need something?"

"Well, duh!" She scoffs as if what she's here for wasn't already obvious. "I want you to come to the mall with me! You're in desperate need of new clothes. Yumi's hand-me-downs aren't doing you any favors."

"The mall?" I glance at Elliot. He seems to be looking everywhere but at Sissi. "Um, sure? Could Elliot come too?"

"Who? Him?" Sissi groans. I elbow her side, and she mumbles a short apology. "Fine, would you like to come with us, uh, Everett?"

I lean over and whisper his name.

"Elliot?"

He doesn't bother to look at gazed at the snow-covered ground instead, hesitantly nodding his head.

"Yay~!" Sissi bounces out of her seat and grabs our hands, basically dragging us behind her. "We just need to get some passes from my daddy, and then we'll be able to go~!"

Now being forced to wait outside the principal's office, we're standing around trying to entertain ourselves.

"So why exactly are we hanging out with her?" Elliot asks. "She hasn't been the nicest person since I've been here."

"I know, I know. But she's been trying to change lately." I explain. "Why not give her a chance?"

"Fine," He folds his arms. "But. . . only because it's you."

"Thank you~!" I take this chance and step closer, ruffling his hair. "You're hair is so soft, Elli! Oh, it reminds me of how fluffy a Shiba's butt looks! Those things are stupid soft." Elli groans and throws his hood over his head, trying to hide his embarrassment.

It doesn't take long for us to walk to the mall, maybe about twenty minutes or so? Sissi basically held a conversation with herself the whole time while Elliot and I just listened. Apparently, she gets two-hundred dollars to spend every other week. Seriously? Like, that's insane! I don't even get money for doing chores!