3

No matter what I do, I can't fall asleep.

Aelita was in Jeremie's room working on enrolling me into Kadic so, she let me sleep in her bed tonight. I'm thankful for everything they're doing for me. Though I keep wondering, this is a private school, right? Where are they getting all the money for me to enroll with?

I suppose I have to ask them about that later in the day.

I'm not sure what the exact time is but, I'm certain it was well after midnight. The moon peered into the room through the glass window, letting in gentle rays of light. I wish I could go get a glass of water or anything really to help me relax. But no, this is a fancy private school.

God, Insomnia really sucks.

If I had my phone with me, things wouldn't be so bad. I think I had left it on my nightstand to charge? Yay for me being smart, boo for me not messing around on it when things went south. Even if I did have it with me, would it transform into a Nokia like everyone else has? All my apps would disappear. . . aww.

I roll over to my side and sigh. I don't think I'll be able to sleep at all tonight.

I close my eyes for a few minutes, hoping to get some kind of rest before I need to get up. I think. . . yeah, this spot is really comfortable. Maybe if I just lay perfectly still, then I'll be able to-

knock, knock!

I frown and reopen my eyes. I think the universe might have it out for me. My eyes shift over to the window only to be blinded by the sun? When did it get so bright out?

knock, knock, knock!

"Open up! It's just me, William."

I groan as I sit up, feeling beyond sluggish as I swing open the door.

"Whoa, what happened to you? You look awful." My eye twitches.

"Insomnia." I yawn. "What time is it?"

"Almost eight-thirty." He answers. "You missed breakfast."

"Wonderful." I sigh.

"Here," William hands me a pile of neatly folded clothes. "Yumi brought you some clothes to wear until you get a bit more settled in."

I nod and take the pile from his hands, excusing myself momentarily to change. I have to thank Yumi when I see her next, walking around campus in my pajamas would've been embarrassing.

A simple pair of black jeans that stop at my ankles, and I have a choice of two shirts. One black short sleeve, and one white long sleeve. Uh, should I just wear both? I don't want to seem rude by giving back her clothes. . . I'll just wear the black over the white shirt.

I quickly remove my pajamas and slip on the clothes, feeling refreshed. Better.

I step outside and close the door behind me, faintly smiling. "So, where to now?"

"It's a surprise." He teases as we walk down the corridor. "I'd blindfold you, but uh, I don't want you to trip and hurt yourself."

"You're actually really sweet, you know?" William tries to look the other way.

"Sweet? Thanks for noticing." I roll my eyes.

We stop at the end of the hallway and drops a small gold key into my hands. "If you look to your right, you'll see your very own room."

The edges of my mouth tug up as I rush to open the door. The moment I hear it unlock, I swing open the door, excited to have a room to myself. I immediately take a look out the window, the view was pretty nice. It mostly shows the park and a little bit of the cafeteria.