4

It didn't take long for all of us to make our way down to the factory. Jeremie is starting up the Scanning process while the rest of us sit around waiting, trying to occupy ourselves. Weirdly enough, it was taking some time, but I doubt any of us seem to mind much.

"So, while we're waiting," Odd starts, glancing up from his game. "Where did you come from (Y/n)?"

"Where I'm from?" I question, not really paying attention. Right now, I was in the middle of trying to figure out how to braid with Aelita's hair, I never learned how to as a kid. . . why is it so damn hard?

"I'm from (City), (Country)." I shrug. "It's nothing too big or too little. Just a place to live, really."

"Nice of you to join our little circus group." Yumi chuckles. "We're all from different countries. Jeremie and Aelita are the only ones who are originally from France."

"Bonjour, dame (Y/n)." Jeremie waves his hand carelessly in the air as an acknowledgment.

"Comment allez-vous ce beau matin?" Aelita smiles.

"Um. . . " I blink a few times, trying to piece together what she might've said. I understood that Jeremie said hello and all but. . . Aelita lost me from the start. "I'm uh, good?"

"Congratulations! You understood what she asked." Jeremie applauds. "Now for your reward, head downstairs to the scanner room. You'll be one of us soon enough."

I smile brightly as I stand up and rush over to the elevator. The thought of actually being able to go onto Lyoko with them is making my heart race. I hope it isn't showing too much.

"I'll go with you." William stands and stretches as he walks over to my side. "It's better than sitting around here doing nothing."

"You're living up to the role of my brother quite well." I tease as I push the button, the door begins to close slowly.

"Is that so? Hmm, maybe I can be an actor when I grow up then." He hums and nudges my side. I can't help but laugh.

Once the elevator door opens, I can feel an overwhelming amount of happiness wash over me. I take a deep breath as I watch the doors to the Scanner in the middle open up.

"It's now or never." I look at William. "You ready to take your first steps into becoming a Lyoko Warrior?"

"Y-Yeah. . ." I nod and clench my fist. "I'm more than ready."

I step inside and try to adjust to the bright light inside the Scanner. The inside was actually a bit bigger than I expected. Instead of being cramped and stiff, you could definitely fit about two people inside of here if you really tried.

The doors slide shut as I begin to feel a small gust of wind flow from the bottom up. I close my eyes as my hair flies up past my shoulders. A chill runs down my spine. I didn't expect it to be so cold in here. . . Maybe I'll leave a jacket down here for when I need to go in.

I can't help but think back to the prologue episodes of the show. Everyone was so surprised when they all discovered Lyoko for the first time. I suppose I'm the only one going in while actually knowing the whole situation.

Jeremie and Ulrich wanted to use Kiwi as their guinea pig at first to see if it was safe to go into Lyoko themselves. Ulrich had rushed back to his dorm and dog-napped the poor thing, forcing him into the scanner. Though, just as Ulrich placed Kiwi inside an open scanner and climbed up to the lab to tell Jeremie to start the procedure, Odd picked up Kiwi, who then jumps out of the scanner, leaving the lovable dork to be virtualized.

But of course, Sissi had to follow them as usual. Though I wonder if she didn't chicken out on going to Lyoko, maybe she would've been good friends with everyone? I mean, after the first part, Sissi did join Ulrich and Odd for breakfast. . . but then again, she went and brought her dad and Jim down to the factory.

I think it was a day or two later when Xana finally decided to attack people in the real world for the first time. Jeremie quickly called up Ulrich to meet himself and Odd at the factory but says a little too much around Yumi. A bit cliche, but that's what makes the show works at times. Yumi only jumped into the scanner because of Ulrich's dare and didn't want to be shown up.

I'm not sure if I would've done the same under such pressure. Maybe. I've always wanted something out of the ordinary to happen to me before and well. . . I suppose I got what I wished for.

"Hey, don't tell me you fell asleep inside the Scanner?" William gently taps my head, pulling me right out of my thoughts.

I nervously laugh as I step out of the Scanner, using his shoulder as support. The whole process has made me feel a little dizzy. "Eh, I'm fine. Just a bit light-headed is all."

We walk back to the elevator and wait for it to bring us back to the others. "I have some food in my mini-fridge back in my dorm. Once we head back, just pick whatever you're in the mood for."

"Honestly? I feel blessed." I hug William from the side. "You're the best big brother in the world."

He rolls his eyes. "Over some food? Just try not to eat it all of it, okay?"

"Yeah, no worries. I'll probably only grab a few things. I'm not like Odd with his abnormal eating habit." I shake my head. "I seriously don't know how he eats so much. I can hardly eat more than two slices of pizza on some days."

"Hey! My eating habit is just as normal as everyone else's!" Odd huffs. "And besides, I'm a growing boy! What else am I supposed to do in the meantime?"

I whip my head around, not realizing the door was opened. I should start paying more attention to my surroundings.

"Eat less like a slob, and we'll complain less." Ulrich chuckles.

Odd didn't even try to make a comeback this time. He just slid down against the wall with a pout and went back to playing his game.

"How do you feel, (Y/n)?" Yumi asks. "Feel like an entirely new person?"

"I mean, yeah." I smile. "Though overall, nothing too different. Just a bit excited to go to Lyoko is all."

"It's only been a day since Xana has last attacked. It might be a few days until it regains strength again." Aelita states.

"W-Well, just because I want to go to Lyoko doesn't mean I wish for Xana to attack." I shake my head and try and pull out my phone. I sigh at my habit. I wish I still had it with me, then maybe I could show everyone all the cool things there are to look forward to.

"Right. It's still a bit early before anyone can call it a day. Anyone have any ideas on what to do next?" William ask.

"Why don't we watch a movie? " I suggest. "I was too little to remember anything at this time, so I'm clueless to what's currently out right now."

"I think we have a few movies back in our dorm?" Ulrich glances over at Odd, he nods. "Yeah, I'm not exactly sure what they are, but we could do that."

"I'm in." Yumi smiles and walks over to the elevator, motioning for us to follow. Despite all seven of us cramming in here, it's actually quite roomy. Maybe using 'cramming' wasn't the best choice of words. It's whatever.

"Movie date, woohoo!" Odd cheers. "Everyone, grab some pillows and blankets! We're going to have an awesome time!"

{Edited 2/11/20}

{1338 Words}