6

"Alright, everyone, pencils down! If the bell rings and I haven't collected your test yet, you'll have to remain seated." Several students groan.

I sigh and gaze out the window. The teacher is taking his time collecting everyone's tests though it's whatever. I'm pretty sure I bombed it anyway. History isn't a hard subject usually except for when I'm tossed into a country I'm not too familiar with. And, I'm just naturally awful when it comes to any sort of test.

It's only been a few days since I first came here, and I feel grossly homesick. Maybe it'll pass with time or just get worse. I'm just not entirely sure about how this all happened. Just because I wished for it to become real doesn't mean it should have. Though, I'm kinda glad it has.

The fact that I've met fictional characters and have become friends with them means two things. I'm either in a coma or dead. The coma idea sounds a lot nicer.

Something is thrown at my head, and I flinch. I bent down and picked up the crumpled paper off the ground before Mr. Fumet has a chance to see it. I look back to see whoever threw it at me and frown. Unbelievably, it's Sissi.

I unfold the paper, and there's a note written on it. A small heart is scribbled underneath.

'I know we're not really friends and we've only fought since you came but, do you think maybe that we can pretend that never happened? Pleassse? Let's talk after class!'

I'm confused. Is she plotting something, or is she genuinely trying to be nice? Either way, I'm not sure I like where this is going.

The bell pulls me out of my thoughts. I grab my bag and rush out the door. I'd like to try and avoid Sissi. I'm in a pretty good mood, so why not try and end the day that way?

That doesn't seem to happen when she comes bouncing around the corner and stops in front of me. She smiles and grabs my wrist before I can really say anything.

"I know this was sudden, but thanks for agreeing to talk with me!" She sits us down on a bench.

"I didn't really agree to this," I sigh. "Not to sound rude, but why do you want to become friends?"

"To tell you the truth, I've always been jealous of your friend group! I've tried everything to become friends with them, but nothing works!" She huffs and folds her arms. "First it was Aelita, now you! How are you already besties with them!?"

"W-Well, it's not like I went out of my way to be friends with them exactly," I say. "Is Ulrich the reason you want to be friends with them?"

"Yes!" She sighs. "Well, he's the main reason but, all of you just seem to have so much fun! Nicolas and Herb know don't even know the meaning of the word!"

"And you want to know our secret, too, huh?"

"They already told you what it is!?" Sissi groans. "You make it look so easy! What's your secret?"

"I'm nice?"

She laughs and rolls her eyes. I sit and wait. "Oh, you're actually serious?"

"Sissi, no one wants to be treated like they're the worst thing to exist."

"They're the ones who start it!" She protests. "If they just-"

"No, just stop." I shake my head. I can't believe she actually thinks this way. "To be friends with someone, you need to think before you speak. And you can't use your social status as an excuse either."

"You're killing me, (Y/n)!"

"Sorry. I don't make the rules."

Sissi whines and slumps in her seat. I wonder if she's actually going to make an effort to act nicer towards everyone? I guess I could help her out in my spare time. If so, I hope she won't interfere with us fighting Xana anymore.

"Hey, you really think that they'd want to be friends with me?"

I nod. "I mean, everyone deserves a second chance. Just give it some time before you rush into it."

"Really? Oh, that's amazing!" Sissi smiles and holds out her pinky. "Where have you been all my life, (Y/n)? Let's be best friends, okay?"

"Um, sure?" I extend my pinky and shake on it. "It would be nice not having to insult our groups every time we see each other."

"Okay! It's a promise!"

"Alright, Sissi. Why are you holding our dear (Y/n) hostage?"

Ulrich has his hands buried in his pockets. Odd rests his on the sides of his hip, tapping his foot. The two are standing behind the bench.

"Who said anything about keeping anyone as a hostage?" Sissi scoffs. She pulls me into a hug. "(Y/n) is here all on her own!"

"Yeah, if that's true, why'd we see you drag her out of class?" Ulrich doesn't seem like he wants to be here. I'll have to make it up to him later for tolerating Sissi. Even if I am the one technically hanging out with her.

"What? Can't two girls talk to each other?"

Odd gasp. "Did you-know-who possess you? Blink three times if you need help!" Ulrich elbows his side. "Whaaat? I didn't say its name!"

"Oh, I know! You're talking about that Harry Potter thingy, aren't you?" Sissi says.

The two exchanges glance before bursting out into a small fit of laughter, Sissi whines. "Laugh at me all you want, I know my facts!"

I stand up. "Hey, I promised I'd help Odd out with his next movie. I'll talk to you some other time?"

She nods and hands me a slip of paper. "Here's my number. Can we talk tonight?"

"Oops, I don't have a phone." I shrug. "My father only bothered to give William one."

"Really? What a lame father." Sissi stands and smiles. "Keep it anyway. I'll see you later~!"

"Wow, what was that?"

"Am I dreaming, or is Sissi actually being nice?"

"She's trying to at least." I lean against the bench. "I honestly think she wants to become friends with you guys."

"Please, give me a break." Ulrich groans. "If Sissi wanted to be friends with us or anyone in this school, she'd stop thinking about herself."

"Eh, I'm on the fence." Odd shrugs. "Sissi likes to be the center of attention, but maybe it's all an act?"

"I wouldn't doubt it. Some people just can't help but act differently in front of others."

"Guys. It's Sissi we're talking about." Ulrich huffs and folds his arms. "Look, let's just go get lunch already. I'd rather not talk about her right now."

"Whatever you say, Jim~!" Odd grins. Ulrich punches him in his arm and starts walking. I laugh and catch up with him. I think he might've given Odd a bruise.

{Edited 2/11/20}

{1143 Words}