Chapter 9- Once Found

I purse my lips and tuck some loose strands of hair behind my ear. Before me stood Alpha Jackson with his eyes jumping from me to Ryder.

"The test starts now." He says, sending shivers down my spine. "To stop the test say 'Give up'." His steel blue eyes looks between us again.

"Syrina, you are in this room. Ryder you are in that one." Jackson says, pointing to a door. Ryder respectfully bows his head and shuffles out. Sharp blue eyes hold my dull brown ones and a smirk forms on Jackson's face. "Let's see how you do, thief."

"Woah! What's with the hate, Mr.Alpha?"I think to myself as a fist flies toward my face. I duck down, kicking out my foot. I miss Jackson and his foot aims at my face. I duck, scanning Jackson for a weak spot. I jump up, Jackson catching my foot. I ram my other foot at his arm, making him grunt, and drop me. As I land onto the floor another fist was aimed toward me. It misses me. I lung towards his legs but miss and scratch his shoes. My hand drags across his heel, grasping a wooden hilt of a dagger. I roll away from Jackson's feet, tucking the dagger into my pocket. From my view, I see a weirdly shaped phone sticking out of his back pocket. He leaps toward me but I jump backwards. As I stand up I remove the second dagger from his pant pocket, tucking it into my own pocket. Then I aim another punch, he ducks it. This duck and punch routine lasts around five minutes before Jackson final lands on a kick on my stomach. I am sent flying backwards. Then it was just an onslaught of pain. Punch after punch after kick, and I had no way to defend.

I release a strangled gasp as he stops and collapse onto the floor. Jackson towers over me, glaring at me, "You give up, thief?"

I weakly nod my head, panting for breath. Jackson huffs turning his back on me, "As I said, a thief is no place in a warrior pack. You are dismissed." It was like he was talking to someone not in the room. It was not his choice, his voice was too pain for it being his choice.

I smirk as soon as he says those words. Adrenaline kicks in and the pain disappears. I flip upward, landing back onto my feet and grin, "Well now, there is something special about thieves."

"And that is?" Jackson asks, looking annoyed as he turns back to me.

I smugly reply, "We know how to trick the law...."

I flip out the hidden two daggers throwing them into the air. Right as gravity caught hold of them, I jump upward kicking the two daggers at Jackson. They whoosh through the air and slam into the wall. Jackson came with them.

I smirk, putting my hands on my hips as I watch Alpha Jackson dangle a few feet above the ground with the two daggers hold his shirt against the wall. He squirms, unable to remove himself from the position. The daggers pinned the shoulders of his shirt against the wall, leaving him hanging by his shirt. "H-how?"

I shrug, "I just stole them from your shoes."

Instantly run in Pierce and Jayden, looking worriedly at Jackson.

"Get me off of here!" growls Jackson. I lean against the wall proudly, "That can't happen Mr.Cocky Alpha."

Alpha Jackson's blazing eyes snap to me as Pierce and Jayden both try to pry off the daggers. I yawn, "Those are Nightstrike's daggers. Don't you know they are magically bound?"

"How do you know Nightstrike? He hasn't ever been seen by anyone!" Alpha Jackson snarls. I chuckle and hold peacefully Alpha Jackson's hard gaze, "Every thief knows Nightstrike. I actually personally know Nightstrike."

Delta Jayden narrows his eyes, "How do you know that these are Nightstrike's daggers?"

"That's an easy one. Nightstrike's favorite gem is mother of pearl. Each of Nightstrike's daggers has a small mother of pearl on the handle. Engraved on each of these tiny gems are NS, the initials of Nightstrike." I smile back.

Pierce gives one more pull to the daggers before sighing defeated, "Syrina is right Alpha. These are magical daggers."

"Dominus daggers to be exact." I smirk.

"Meaning...." Alpha Jackson growls.

Pierce sighs, "The only way they will be removed with by the owner of the daggers. Meaning only the owner can call them off. And our owner is Nightstrike...which we need"

"Which you won't catch." I tease.

Delta Jayden shoots me a glare and continues trying to pull out the dagger. Meanwhile Alpha Jackson keeps his eyes on Pierce.

"Or the person who threw the daggers can release them." Pierce finishes.

Alpha Jackson instantly looks at me, "Take them off, thief."

"First of all, my name is Syrina. Second of all, I didn't throw those at you, dumbass, I kicked them at you." I smugly say.

Alpha Jackson growls in frustration. Jayden reveals, "The nearest witch who might be able to break the spell is three days away... We can contact her."

"THREE DAYS?!? WHY THE HELL WOULD I WANT TO HANG HERE THREE DAYS?!" Alpha Jackson screams. His burning gaze goes back to me, "Where is Nightstrike."

I shrug, a smile still playing on my lips.

"Where is he?!" Alpha Jackson's voice raises. "You said you knew him!"

"Yes, I do know Nightstrike; probably better than Nightstrike. But, sorry, can't tell you that for I am stuck here."

Jackson growls, his eyes changing color.

I smile and turn toward the door, walking out.

The boys go back to trying to get their Alpha out. I stop at the door and sigh. I turn back to the boys. I wet my lips and put my index and middle fingers into my mouth.

I whistle catching the attention on the boys, and the daggers. I snap and instantly the daggers fly off the wall, releasing Alpha Jackson. He collapses onto the floor with an 'oof' as Jayden's and Pierce's jaws drop.

I snap twice and the daggers zoom over to me. One flies into my shoe while the other into my hand. I twirl my dagger cheerfully, "Ya, these are mine."

Now all three boys had their jaw drops. I roll my eyes, "You three look like you have seen ghosts. I'm not a ghost, I'm just Nightstrike. Anyway, see you in an hour for part two of the test?"

Alpha Jackson was the first to snap out of his daze. He jumps up, his icy eyes burning into me. "What are you talking about, Nightstrike, you failed! You gave up! You used the safe word!" He snarls.

"No Mr.Cocky Alpha. You said the word. I never said it. You told Ryder and me that we had to say 'Give up'. I never said that." I cheekily smile.

Jackson roars, lunging toward me. I easily side-step him and pull out a black weird shaped object from his back pocket.

I quickly scan this object as Alpha Jackson crashes to the floor. He was blinded by his anger. The object was a remote; a house remote. Then I realize why Jackson was so harsh.

I push a button labeled 'wall' and to my left a wall slides down, revealing a secret room. I smile, "Hello Mr. Daddy of the Alpha. Nice to meet you. Your son is a very kind mate." Delta Jayden and Beta Pierce's jaw drop again. "Right.... Love?" I smirk at Alpha Jackson, continuing to twirl the dagger casually.

Alpha Jackson just stares at me with hate as I look back to an old looking man that had many of Jackson's features. The man was in a navy suit, had a frown on his face, and had the same black hair and blue eyes as his son. Though there were streaks of grey in his head. I take a little bow and turn toward Jackson.

"I'll be with Ryder in the dinning house. See you soon, Mr. Alpha Mate." I wink and turn around, walking out of the room. As I reach the door I tuck my other dagger into my pocket and walk out.

Who knew that Alpha Jackson brought his big daddy to watch me be tested. What a nice family of assholes.

~~~

Hey guys! This was chapter 9! Any opinions on the book so far?