Chapter 28: Once Connected

Last chapter! Enjoy... hehehe....

Enjoy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Esmerelda's P.O.V:

Fog settled over the field giving an eerie feeling. The crickets chirped and the owls hooted in the distance. Alpha Jackson and Alpha Syrina, my best friend, were standing closest to the dark forest. Ryder was right behind Syrina, and I was on the other side of him. Jayden's warm and protective hand was placed on my shoulder. Surprisingly, it was calming me.

Xander stood behind us to the side his hands closing, and opening, and repeat in nervousness. Behind Jackson stood his pack; two hundred of his best warriors.

We were watching the forest, waiting, preparing, and watching some more.

A low growl sounds from somewhere in the forest surround the field. A pair of glowing eyes appears from the darkness of the trees. Then, like a wave, hundreds of more appear. Each of the eyes a different color. Each had the same power-hungry look.

Jayden's hold on my shoulder tightens.

Syrina nods to Alpha Jackson, her eyes hard. I respect her strength.

Her head turns back to the now thousands of glowing eyes. Oh, how are we going to survive this...

My confidence was dropping lower and lower and more and more eyes kept appearing from the shadows.

Syrina's confident voice rings out to us through our bond. "Stay strong! They do not have training with their powers. They are mad, working on emotion instead of thought. Remember, no matter what happens, we will ALWAYS be together. Sometimes, it is better to find courage to fight then the strength to run. Whether fighting for life, or fighting against it, you just keep pushing. Remember, at any moment you have the power to say: this is not how the story is going to end. It's just the beginning. And IF you think about quitting think about why you started!"

There is a pause, but my confidence was returning, and based on the faces of my pack mates, theirs was too.
"Lets do this. Together."

"Together!" We shout mentally. A roar sounds through the forest and like a wave, the rogues attack.

"Charge!!!" screams Jackson. The yells of our warrior companions ring through the field as the snarls of the rogues get louder. Whooshes surround me as the werewolf boys turn wolf.

My hands tense and a smirk takes my lips as I begin whispering, "A tenebris ad lumen. da potestatem (Latin: From darkness to light, give power.)"

My hands catch fire with a bright green flame. My eyes lock onto a target and my hand shoots forward. The ball of fire explodes from my palm, flying toward the rogue wolf. Perfect shot, the wolf tumbles forward, passed out. Then, the battleground explodes with snarls, roars, screams, yelps, and flashes of light representing the use of elements.

Wolves tackle wolves. Humans attack humans and other werewolves. Animals fighting magic wielders; it was chaos, it was war.

Jayden transforms into wolf form, becoming a large brown wolf. He charges, attacking upcoming rogues. Syrina was catching every element thrown at her and throwing it the opposite direction, back at the sender. Screams of pain echo around me as teeth bite off limbs, rip out throats, and bite in defense. My hand shoots another ball of fire out toward the enemy. Alpha Jackson's large black wolf body was pinned down by another wolf. Fire was burning out of this wolves mouth. Jackson was fighting hard. Another ball of fire explodes from my hand. The wolf yelps as it strikes him on the side. Jackson escapes, attacking it from the side.