Chapter 12- Once a Witch

I was so ready for the weekend. Every day Ryder and I had to try a certain 'job' in the pack. Everyone was a warrior (males that is) and everyone had a job. Some were cooks, others were shopkeepers. I glance to the clock in the office building. I was in financial stocking. Kill me now.

The bell rings and I burst into vampire speed. Every day after the certain jobs, I had training with Pierce. My vampire side was defiantly more under control. My tattoos haven't pulsed recently so that was a good sign.

I zoom out of the building and to the main street. The high school got out not too long ago so the streets were full of high school teens. I walk over to the antique and craft store. After working all those jobs, I finally had enough money to buy a thing for myself.

I enter the store, giving a nod to the old man that works here and disappear to the craft isle.

"But I need a wand!" A high-pitched voice says.

"I don't care! Last time you tried out a wand you also burned me alive! Leave!" The store keeper scolds.

"But..."

"Out!" He yells.

I hear a sigh and the door open and close. I pick out a sketch book and a pack of shading pencils. I walk up to the counter and place the drawing materials down.

"Finally had enough credits Syrina?" The store keeper gives a gentle smile. I nod, "Yes sir. Though not enough to get any other art materials, I will have to do with this."

The old store keeper scans the items and types something in. "I'm afraid you cannot afford both of these items." He looks at me sadly.

I look sadly at the materials and pluck the shading pencils from the pile. I return the pencils and instead find a cheap #2 pencil pack. I place the new pencils onto the counter. "I'll just use these."

The store keeper nods and scans the items. He bags them and gives the bag to me. "So, when do you think your friend over there will choose an item?"

I look over to Ryder. He was debating with himself over a lava lamp or a fire rock. "I'm not sure...." I say and turn toward the door. "Have a good day sir!"

"You too Syrina." The store keeper replies.

I walk onto the street. A fizzy haired caramel blonde girl was walking out onto the street, oblivious of the full sized werewolf charging at her.

"Look out!" I screech, grabbing her arm and yanking her toward me. We fall down, the werewolf missing us. Instantly, the energy of bonding pounds into me. The whole process of pack bonding repeats and I gasp as a new spirit joins Ryder's and mine. This spirit was optimistic, happy, and magical.

"W-what? D-did I just... pack bond?" The girl who was still on the floor next to me gasps.

Ryder runs out of the shop, picking me up, "Syrina?! Are you okay? I felt a new spirit enter us!"

"Ya, that's cause a new one just joined our little pack." I mumble. The girl jumps onto her feet and watches us with awe with her grey eyes.

"O.M.G. You guys are that pack!!! That pack that just was made by the famous NightStriker!!!" The girl squeals. She then grins and sticks out her hand, "Hi, my name is Esmerelda!"

I take her hand and energy flows though us in a steady stride. "My name is Syrina, and that is Ryder."

Esmerelda was about my age but was a little shorter than me, "The Alpha and the Beta; the first in command and second. Well, my alpha and beta."

"And you are our Delta....Or third in command." Ryder says, smiling.

Esmerelda closes her eyes and takes a deep breath. I feel her spirit mix with Ryder's and my own. When her eyes open again, she smiles, "Woah, you guys are awesome..."

I chuckle, "Nice to meet you too Esmerelda...."

Esmerelda grins, "Same with you Syrina!"

Based on her contagious smile, I knew I was going to like her.

"How about, since we know nothing about you but you are bonded with us, we get lunch?" I say.

"Sounds great!" Esmerelda grins.

Soon we were happily eating and laughing at a small café. Esmerelda was a rogue witch. She was a confident and always optimistic girl. She and I bonded in a snap.

**

"So ya! That's why I am called Emerald!" She grins as Ryder and I are almost to tears from laughter.

"Syrina, I have seen you have made a new friend...." Pierce's voice brings me out of my laughter.

My head snaps up and I smile, "Pierce.... I would like you to meet the new Delta...." Esmerelda gives a small wave.

Pierce smiles back and tilts his head slightly. "Nice to meet you madam."

Esmerelda blushes slightly.

"Ya.... We are going to need a bigger room...." I realize.

Soon enough my pack is moved to the highest level of the mansion we were housed in. We were put in the suite room between the Delta, Beta, and Alpha rooms. It was a huge room with four beds on each corner of the room. The room was a pale white.

On the left hand side of the entrance was a walk-in-closet that separated into four sections. Next to each bed was a desk. In the middle of the huge room was a large plush carpet with couches on it. The couches were white, mixing well with the thin carpet on the floor. At the very back of the room was a large balcony window. The window took up the whole wall and a small door at the side led to the balcony outside. This balcony had the same forest, mountains, and ocean view.

We settle in and before we know it, it was another week, and Ryder and I have pretty much gone through all the jobs, except for the full time warrior jobs. The Alpha still hasn't returned from his 'two week meeting', even though it has been three weeks.

I collapse onto my plush purple queen-sized bed. Esmerelda was leaning against the backboard reading the Lunarpack's monthly magazine. Ryder turned on his lava lamp and sat on the other side of her. I collapsed between the two of them. "I really find all the jobs here boring...."

Ryder shrugs, "I don't know, I like being a Pyro worker."

I roll my eyes and elbow him slightly, "That's cause you are a fire element you numbskull!"

Esmerelda grins, looking up from her magazine, "The alpha is coming back tomorrow. He will be coming with other alphas for a ball for all the singles here. To maybe find their mates."

"You are the only one that finds that interesting," Ryder grumbles, picking up the pack's version of 'Sports' magazine.

I groan again, leaning against the backboard, "I am not excited for that at all...."

Esmerelda gasps in fake shock, "What?!? How can you not like high class society meetings with tons of fake and overly dressed girls all trying to show off their boobs and butts and with too much makeup on?"

I glare at her. She bursts into a contagious laugh causing Ryder to chuckle also. I roll my eyes playfully.

I stay there a couple more minutes, listening as Ryder and Esmerelda bicker about different pack events.

"Knock Knock!"

I sigh, "I got it, while you two numbskulls are too busy fussing about your magazines."

I bound over to the door and swing it open. Thinking it would be one of the house maids or Pierce. Instead, what stood before me made my throat tighten.

"Jackson...." I breathe out.

Hey guys! The story is almost at 1000 reads and I want to thank you all so very very VERYYYYY much! I am really enjoying this story and I hope all of you are also. If you could let me know your opinions that would be greatly appreciated.