Chapter 16- Once an Elemental

Sorry guys for taking so long to update!! School problems. Anyway! I'll post the next chapter this next week, but sooner if we can get to 30 reads :3 thanks and enjoy!

----

Once I got back to the house, the halls were quiet. I slip into my room and pass out on my bed, Ryder in his bed, Esmerelda with medicine by her bed table, and Jayden snuggled up to her.

The night was restless. I was wide awake by four am, giving me two hours of sleep. I numbly leave my room. My thoughts absorbed by NightRaider's words. Elemental Focus.....

I silently walk through the huge mansion, hearing all our guests snoring as I pass by rooms.

I stop in front of a dark oak door with a golden handle. Why am I here?

I shrug and grasp the handle. Turning it, I push the door open and enter the room.

"Syrina....." A husky voice breathes out in shock. "What are you doing so early? You must be exhausted from your fight!"

I bite my lip and rub my arm, almost embarrassedly. "I can't sleep. But, I need to talk to you."

Jackson, sitting coolly behind a large desk, motions to a chair. I take a seat.

"Jackson.... I am an Elemental Focus. What does that mean?" I ask, quietly.

Jackson scoffs, "Princess, I doubt you are an Elemental Focus, that 'person' is said to be a myth."

I narrow my eyes, "Ya, so Elemental Controls aren't supposed to exist either yet NightRaider and his son are one!"

Jackson zooms toward me, towered above me, "He is an Elemental Controller? And has a son?"

I bite my lip and nod. "Yes."

"Argh!" Jackson turns away, running his hand through his hair. I wanted to touch that hair. "And Syrina, an Elemental focus is a person who doesn't have elemental powers but can control powers if those powers are targeted at the person."

"Jackson, get Ryder to try out his fire on me. It doesn't burn me." I whisper. "Please, I need to test this."

Jackson shakes his head, "No need." He pause and turns around to face me, "And if this doesn't work, please don't kill me."

"Why would I kill—AH!" I screech as a huge wave of water bursts through Jackson's hand. The water flows over me, not touching me as if I was under an umbrella.

My and Jackson's mouths drop. "You are a Water Elemental? You are a Focus Elemental?" We stay in unison.

"B-B-But how?" Jackson utters in complete shock. "Princess don't you move." He growls and runs around the desk and to his phone. He dials four phone numbers before finally hanging up the phone.

He runs back around and helps me onto my feet. "Come, we have to test something."

He drags me out to the field. There Pierce was relaxing against a tree. Ryder was yawning, bags still under his eyes, Jayden shuffling nervously, and Alpha Laurence calmly waiting. The sun was just peeking over the horizon causes an orange glow to surround the land.

Alpha Jackson speaks out, "One of our spies came back. The rebels and the rogue have combined into one unit."

"We already knew that," yawns Ryder.

"Except, what you didn't know is that they have two Elemental Controls." Alpha Jackson says coldly.

"That's true." Pierce exclaims.

"Then how are we going to protect ourselves?! We have a fire, water, and two air elementals! How the hell are we going to defend our territory if someone with ALL OF THE ELEMENTS ATTACKS!" Jayden freaks out.

I walk over to him and sternly look him in eye. "SLAP!"

"Ow!" Jayden hisses, grabbing his cheek. Yes, I slapped him. His personality returns to normal and his worried eyes go back to stern eyes. "Thank you."

"Your welcome, and to answer your question... We do have one Elemental Focus on our side."

"And who is that?" Alpha Laurence asks.

"Syrina," Alpha Jackson mumbles.

"Alpha Syrina! Her name is Alpha Syrina!" Alpha Laurence hisses at his son.

"No sir, my name is Syrina."

Alpha Laurence looks at me.

"Anyway," Alpha Jackson continues, "I brought you all out here to test your powers on her."

The group goes into grins.

**

"Ah!" I screech as fire ball after water ball after air ball keep shooting at me. Each time the element ball gets closer to me, it flips around and shoots another way. The boys were lost already in their game, trying to hit me. My body was already worn out. I keep shooting away the element balls and my breath gets ragged. All of a sudden, all the men's animal instincts kick in as they see me flatter. All go into rage mode.

"ENOUGH!" I screech out. The water ball I shoot at the fire ball, the fire ball at the water ball. The two air balls, I shoot at each other causing a wind to whistle through the field and disappear.

The men snap out of their weird trance. "Sorry, Syrina, I guess we just got carried away."

"I-Its. Fine." I pant, dropping onto the ground.

Turns out, Jackson is a water element, Jayden and Alpha Laurence air elements, and Ryder is a fire (which I already knew).

As I stay collapsed on the ground, Jackson comes up to me grinning from ear to ear. "Syrina, welcome to your new job. Being our Elemental Focus."

I keep panting.

"Your training, with me of course, begins tomorrow."

WAIT WHAT?