Chapter 14- Once the DragonPack

"Girl! You look gorgeous!" Esmerelda gushes as she fixes my hair into a windswept look.

I roll my eyes, "I don't believe you. I need to see."

"No! Not yet! I am not done!" Esmerelda shrieks as she hands me my mask. I hold it up to my face as she clips the mask to my hair so it would stay.

The theme of the ball was masquerade. Alphas were to wear black with red. Female betas were to wear purple. Males where supposed to wear purple and black. Deltas were to wear green, and if you were male, green and black. Being I was the only Alpha female, I decided to go for just red.

Esmerelda finishes something with my hair and squeals. "There! Done! Go look!"

I hesitantly stand up and walk up to the full sized mirror in the walk-in-closet. The girl staring back at me was gorgeous. She had tan smooth skin. Her tattoo was shining boldly across her open shoulders. Her makeup made her features sharp but it was not overpowering. Her black mask contrasted her ruby red dress beautifully and matched with the thick black lines of her tattoo almost perfectly. Her dress was a flowy red dress. It was shorter in front being only about knee height while on the back, the dress almost touched the floor. She was wearing black one inch heels that made her muscular legs look very curvy and attractive. The dress itself hugged her curves nicely. She had a black belt that outlined her hour-glass shape amazingly. Her brown wavy hair hung loosely by her shoulders as her hazel eyes gave her a look of mystery. Her lips were a ruby red, making them look lush and soft.

I turn to Esmerelda, my eyes watering. "Essie..... I don't know what to say..." I whisper and lung into a hug. I never had make-up, I never had dresses, I never felt.... pretty. Being a thief didn't allow that. It didn't allow feelings or looks.

Esmerelda hugs me back smiling gently, "Don't say anything girlfriend. But no crying!"

I laugh slightly, holding the hug a second longer for removing myself from her beautiful arms. Esmerelda was in an emerald green cocktail dress. She had a golden belt around her curvy hips that matched her golden high-heels. She had a golden star hanging from her neck and golden earrings. Very golden.

We walk back out into our room. The music from downstairs was already faintly heard in the room. The party was in the ballroom downstairs.

"Holy shit...." Ryder's mouth drops. "You guys look amazing! Syrina.... I have no words...."

Esmerelda grins, and stands by Ryder, inspecting me. "I did good with her didn't I?"

Ryder nods, "She looks like a goddess! If anyone down there is her mate, they are going to flip!" I blush tomato red. "What are you guys talking about? You are the ones that look amazing!"

Ryder looked very dashing in a perfectly fitted black suite with a purple bow tie. Under his blazer was a very light purple shirt. The deep violet flower tucking in his breast pocket matched perfectly with his violet eyes.

A knock brings us out of our gawking at each other. The door opens and a butler steps in. "Dragonpack..... Alpha Jackson says you should now come out." My pack mates and I share a look and a nod. Esmerelda slips on her golden mask with emerald lace while Ryder slips on his black with purple feathers mask. "Let's do this." I say.

We follow the butler downstairs and to the ballroom. The doors are opened for us by two other butlers giving us a glimpse of the golden interior of the elegant ballroom.

Esmerelda squeezes my hand and Ryder takes my other hand. "Let's do this" I say to myself and step into the ballroom balcony.

All the chattering instantly stops and the music halts. All eyes go up to us. I take a deep breath. My voice rings out across the ballroom with ease. It was gentle, smooth, but sturdy. "We are the Dragonpack. That is all we have to say."