Chapter 20- Once a Memory

Esmerelda woke up that morning as bright as a peach. It turns out, because she was so strong, the spell was supposed to send her mind to the demon underworld. But instead she was sent to the Witch's underworld and met many famous, powerful, and now dead witches. Esmerelda said that those witches taught her so much.

The week after that was pretty easy. I had training. I always lost to Jackson, no matter what I tried. Esmerelda went with the medicine witch to learn medicinal magic while Ryder entered the Pyro job field. He got to work with fire all the time.

The three of us got our room back.

I quickly tie my hair into a pony tail as I trip on some clothing on the ground. "Esmerelda! You are going to be late! And pick up your clothing!" I yell at her as I jump over a bed and grab my sneakers.

"I'm going! I'm going!" She hisses through her teeth as she digs through the pile of clothing on the floor to find her medicine uniform. Ryder grabs his axe and almost hits me.

"Watch out!" I yell ducking and grabbing shorts.

"Sorry!" Ryder yells back. I rush to the door. "Wait Syrina!" Ryder calls after me.

"What?" I asked annoyed. I'm late for my training. Last time I was late, Jackson decided to make sure I couldn't walk for the rest of the week.

"You might need a shirt." Ryder smirks and throws me a sports top.

"Thanks..." I mumble, embarrassedly and slip on the shirt. Then I leave my room and break into a run. As I run through the hallway, I manage to slip on my sneakers.

I dash through the town and make it into the gym. I burst through the doors right when the clock strikes 6:00am.

Panting I collapse onto the floor.

Jackson smirks, "You barely made it Princess. Ready to be trained?"

I nod. "Sure, I'm ready to die."

**

I stand eye to eye with Jackson. We were circling each other, waiting for who was going to make the first move, again.

"KNOCK KNOCK" sounds the door. Jackson snaps his head toward the door then looks at me, "Don't go anywhere." He jogs over to the door and opens it.

I look around the room. My eyes land on the open roof and I grin. I concentrate my speed into my legs and jump, as Jackson has taught me. I jump 20 feet in the air and land smoothly on the roof of the gym. I crawl toward the open roof and look down.

"Ya. Alright. Let me get her. Okay. I'll come! Just let me get her!" I listen to Jackson converse with the person outside the door.

Jackson shuts the door grumbling and walks back into the room. He freezes as he sees me gone.

"Syrina?" He asks, confused. As he makes his way toward the open roof area, I tense. As soon as I see his pitch black hair under me, I jump. Yelling I fall and tackle down Jackson.

"Woah!" He screeches as I tackle him to the ground. His surprise lasts only a second before he flips around and I was back under him. I smirk, "Gotcha wolfy."

Jackson raises his eyebrows, "Wolfy?"

"Ya, you call me Princess. So I get to call you wolfy." I smirk.

"No. You cannot call me Wolfy."

"Then don't call me Princess."

"Never." Jackson whispers huskily.

"Then I won't stop." I huff.

Jackson smirks. "Yes you will love. Otherwise I will do this." His fingers grab my ribs and start tickling me. "Ah!" I squeal and squirm as my laugh fills the room.

"Okay! Okay! I'll stop! I'll stop!" I laugh.

Jackson smirks. A knock sounds from the door again. Jackson sighs and gets off of me. "Come on Princess. We can finish this later." He winks.

I blush and follow him to the door. "Okay... Wolfy."

He pauses then shakes his head and opens the door.

I follow him from the gym, through the town, and finally to the house. I freeze as I see two people in front of the house.

A blonde girl and red headed boy walk up to us. Behind them was an older alpha talking with Alpha Laurence.

The blonde ignores me and goes right up to Jackson, "Hey sexy. My name is Mia. I am Alpha Dereck's daughter. Over there is Xander, my pack's beta." I instantly did not like this.

My eyes catch Xander's green ones. He smirks and walks up to me, "Hey beautiful, my name is Xander. You are?"

I blink as my memory comes back. "Syrina...."

~~~

Hey guys! I hope you guys are enjoying the story! The next update is soon and thank you so so much for reading this story. You guys are amazing. Enjoy and if you want, please tell me what you think? Thanks and have a great day ^_^