Chapter 26: Once Nightmares

Jackson's lifeless eyes hold mine. His hands reach over and gently touch my hair. I lean into his hand, salty tears streaming down my face. "Syrina, stay strong," his raspy voice whispers. He wheezes and his hand drops. His eyes close and he was gone.

"Jackson! No! No! Jackson you can't die!" I scream, my mate bond flaring to life. However, it wasn't my mate bond; it was my memories with him.

The scene changes and I gasp, my tears staining my cheeks as memories of us together begin to zoom through. I squeeze my eyes shut. He was gone.

The scene flashes and changes again. It was the night at the bar.

"N-no. M-Mia I n-n-need to g-go back." He says nervously and slightly slurred. Mia frowns but then turns to Jackson a predatory grin on her features, "Fine. But one more drink, babe."

This time Jackson frowns but his cloudy drunk mind speaks for him. He nods. Mia sadistically smiles. The waiter passes her another drink but she quickly slips in a tube full of something in. She hides the tube as she turns to Jackson. "Here babe. This will make you love me."

"I l-love.... Sy-sy..." He slurs but takes a big drink. His pupils dilate and he looks at Mia. In monotone he says, "Do what you must with me Madam Mia."

Mia sneers, "Good boy, follow me into the closet."

Jackson stands up like a robot and follows just as blindly.

I squeeze my eyes shut; I don't need to see anything else.

However the scene continues. I was sucked into the closest, and though my eyes were begging to be closed, my mind kept them open. Mia began undoing Jackson's shirt. She went lower and when she touched his belt buckle. He grabs her hand, "No." He says sternly though his eyes were still foggy.

I gasp, maybe Jackson did have enough strength to not listen to the potion.

The scene changes again and there was Jackson's dying face. War was all around us. NightRaider's voice was laughing and screaming out to his men. Bodies scattered the field. Gun shots, screams, roars, and growls ring in my ears. I knee down to take Jackson's hand. I-I loved him. I loved this cheating, but truthful and cocky Alpha. It wasn't just the mate bond. That was confusing my love for lust. But how he fights, his strong personality, my respect for him, how he cares, how he is him...... that is what I love.

He looks up at me with clouded eyes, "Syrina... I l-l-lo....." His eyes roll to the back of his head. A sword rams into my side and I look up to see NightRaider smiling darkly as I topple to the ground. The pain was nothing to the pain for losing the one you love.

Yells of war ring through and I watch my pack, now with Xander attack.

Wait, Xander is part of my pack?

Wait...

Jayden is part of my pack? Since when!

Wait...

Wait...

I sit up, gasping for breath. Instantly a hand was at my back, holding me up. The touch was warm and was sending tingles up my spine. I look around. Esmerelda was looking up with a surprised look on her face. Jayden was sitting next to her, reading a magazine with her.

"Syrina!!!" She shouts and jumps out of the bed and runs toward me. The warm hand disappears and Esmerelda tackles me into a hug. She cries into my shoulder though a smile was on her face, "Oh Syrina. I thought you were gone!" She breaks away then glares at me and punches me.