Brothers

((WARNING: MAY CAUSE INTENSE FEELS. READ AT YOUR OWN HEARTBREAKING RISK))

Kankri POV:

You had been living together with Cronus for about a week now. Cronus had kept blathering on about some sort of "Plan" he was working on but you honestly didn't want to have anything to do with it. He was at work today so you had walked home alone. just as you walked in the door, you heard your phone go off. You checked the caller ID to find that it was your Dad's cell. "Hell9?" you said questioningly into the phone. you heard someone crying on the other end. "K-KANKRI? IT'S KARKAT. I NEED HELP. CAN I COME OVER?" your younger brother stuttered. "Yes 9f c9urse y9u can. D9 y9u kn9w where the apartment is?" you asked. "Y-YES OF COURSE I DO IDIOT! IT'S NOT FAR FROM MY SCHOOL. I'LL BE THERE IN 10 MINUTES." he sniffled angrily. You chuckled to yourself as you hung up the phone. Silly little brother. He was always so crabby and arrogant, It's no wonder he was in trouble and needed your help. You decided to make some tea for the two of you. Cronus wouldn't be home for a few hours so you figured having some brotherly bonding time couldn't hurt.

When Karkat arrived, you gasped. he had cuts and bruises all over him and his face was red and blotchy from crying. Parts of his hair had been ripped out and left bald spots and his clothes were torn to shreds. "Karkat what 9n earth happened?" you cried. he didn't respond. he just ran straight up to you and cried his eyes out. "I'M A HORRIBLE FRIEND KANKRI... I DID SOMETHING REALLY BAD... AND I PAID THE PRICE..." he choked out. You sighed and hugged him back. "C9me inside and let me treat your injuries. We'll talk over some tea and we can watch a movie later if you want." You stated. His face lightened up a bit at that. "YOU ALWAYS KNOW EXACTLY WHAT TO DO KANKRI.... HOW DO YOU DO IT???" he asked. You chuckled. "I'm y9ur br9ther. it is my j9b t9 kn9w exactly what t9 d9. N9w lets g9 int9 the bathr99m. The first aid kit is in there."

You spent the next few hours treating Karkat's wounds and calming him down enough to talk. Apparently, Karkat was hanging out with Eridan a lot more and Sollux began to get really Jealous. Sollux had started a rumor that Karkat and Eridan were gay for each other and Eridan got really upset. When Karkat went to try and talk to Eridan after school, Sollux had already beaten him to it and told Eridan that Karkat had started the rumor. Eridan was really confused and him and Sollux beat up Karkat before a nice girl named Feferi broke up the fight. The whole ordeal really triggered you and you wanted to call Cronus for advice, but you knew you couldn't do that. Karkat had come to YOU for advice. Not Cronus. After a few minutes of silence, the two of you had begun a rom-com marathon. The two of you spent hours watching all his favorites including Hitch, She's The Man, 13 Going On 30, and many more. You were in the middle of watching Mamma Mia when you heard the door unlock. You got up to go greet Cronus when you stopped in your tracks. There stood Cronus, but standing beside him was Eridan himself.

What happened next was fast paced and crazy. "KANKRI IS THAT CRONUS?" Karkat called from the living room. You didn't know how to respond. You and Cronus seemed to be thinking the exact same thing. Aw shit. This was not going to be good. Eridan knew it was Karkat's voice and he ran straight into the living room with you and Cronus close behind. as soon as Karkat saw Eridan, he jumped straight up. "W-WHAT THE EVER LIVING FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE?" "I cod ask you the same fin." "MY BROTHER LIVES HERE DOUCHEFUCK" "Yeah wwell so does mine" "WELL WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T ANYONE THINK TO CALL BEFORE COMING OVER? I HAD THE COMMON SENSE TO ASK KANKRI FIRST!" "I called Cro and asked if I cod come see him at wwork. I had no idea that your backstabbin filth wwas here. Don't try and pin the blame on me." "B9TH 9F Y9U! EN9UGH ALREADY!!!" you shrieked. Everyone turned their heads to look at you. Cronus sighed and came to stand beside you. "Cr9nus, I w9uld like t9 talk t9 Eridan f9r a minute. W9uld y9u mind staying here with Karkat?" you asked. He smiled faintly and kissed your forehead. "Of course babe." he replied. You looked over at Eridan and he rolled his eyes. "Lead the wway." he groaned.