Cronus Is Done

Kankri POV:

You were in the kitchen finishing up dinner when you heard the front door open swiftly and slam close. "Hell9? B9ys? Is that y9u?" you called out. You could hear the sound of 2 weak voices crying so you turned down the heat on the stove and rushed to investigate. You gasped at what you saw. Standing in front of the door, was Karkat and Eridan. Clothes torn and dirty. Faces scratched at and bloody. infected cuts and purple bruises everywhere on their small little bodies. You heard Cronus turn off the water in the bathroom beside you so you banged on the door. "Cr9nus we have a situati9n!!!" You barley managed to shout. You rushed to the boys sides as you heard Cronus open the bathroom door. You turned your head to give him a look of worry but instead your expression went wide. There he stood, wearing nothing but a bath towel over his privates. You blushed brightly and he gave you a quick smirk before noticing the boys injuries and turned to stone. "vwhat the hell happened to you guys?!?!?" he asked in a very empty voice. You briskly turned your head back to the boys and covered their ears. "CR9NUS F9R FUCK SAKES G9 PUT S9ME CL9THES 9N AND J9IN US WHEN Y9U'RE D9NE!!!" You screeched. You heard him rush into the bedroom and you uncovered the innocent ears. "9kay. Everything's alright n9w. N9w c9me 9n. Let's get y9u b9ys cleaned up." you said calmly as you turned on your heels. Karkat followed as usual, but Eridan stood where he was. "wwhy? wwhat do you care? You're not my brother!" Eridan snapped. Karkat turned and slapped him. "IDIOT!!! DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT YOU'RE SAYING??? OF COURSE HE IS!!! YOU CAN'T LISTEN TO ANYTHING THOSE CREEPS SAY!!! WE ARE A FAMILY! AND FAMILIES STICK TOGETHER FUCKASS!!!" Karkat retaliated in tears. Cronus burst out of the bedroom just then. Fully clothed this time. "vwhat exactly happened???" He hissed so he would make sure to get an answer this time. Karkat turned to look at him still teary eyed. "THAT ASSHOLE GAMZEE TRICKED US!!! HE ASKED US TO COME OVER AND PLAY VIDEO GAMES BUT INSTEAD HE HAD SOLLUX AND TEREZI AND VRISKA COME OVER AND THEY TOLD US THAT THEY HATED US BECAUSE OUR BROTHERS WERE GAY AND THAT MUST MEAN WE'RE GAY TOO!!!" Karkat cried. Both of the boys fell to their knees in tears. You wanted to comfort the boys so badly, but this seemed like an issue between you and Cronus now. "Eridan... vwhat Karkat said before is true. Don't you dare listen to a vword anybody else says. Family alvways has each other's backs. Friends can be backstabbers." Cronus lulled to Eridan. "Cr9nus is right b9ys. as l9ng as y9u l9ve us and we l9ve y9u, then it d9esn't matter what 9ther pe9ple say. N9w let me take care 9f th9se injuries and then we can talk m9re. Karkat kn9ws the drill. I'm just as much Eridan's big br9ther as Cr9nus is Karkat's. We'll make sure everything is 9kay." You shooshed them with a smile. The boys stopped crying and followed you into the bathroom.

Neither of them spoke as you took off their clothes and ran them a bath. As you worked, you wondered what Cronus was thinking. He must be upset that such young children had such a big problem with their relationship. What made everything worse, is that Karkat and Eridan had to pay for it. Your suspicions were verified when Cronus came and stood in the bathroom doorway. "Hey Chief, let the boys enjoy their bath. I need to talk to ya bout somefin." He stated weakly. You sighed and put down the towels you were holding on the toilet seat. "I'll be right back s9 just try and relax f9r n9w boys." You hummed as you slipped around the corner of the bathroom and into the kitchen. Cronus stood there waiting. "So... I vwanna ask ya somefin kinda important... and I dunno if you'll be triggered by it..." he hummed. You rolled your eyes and went to pick up a stack of plates when Cronus grabbed your arm and pulled you closer. "I'm serious Kanny. I need you to listen." He said with a sincere look on his face. You slowly stopped what you were doing and looked up into his eyes. You saw the hurt in them and it broke your fragile heart. "Kanny... I'm gonna snap soon. I dunno vwhen, I dunno hovw, but somefin needs to change. No matter hovw hard vwe try people still seem to think they can vwalk all ovwer us! I havwe tried so hard to bite dovwn my tounge, But I need to do something novw or else... or else..." he trailed off. You noticed tears fall down his face so you wiped them away and pulled him close. "Listen Cr9nus, y9u d9n't have t9 pr9ve y9urself t99 any9ne, s9 try n9t t9 w9rk y9urself up 9kay? Y9u d9 what y9u feel y9u need t9 d9, but try n9t t9 make y9urself l99k like an idi9t in the pr9cess." You joked, hoping to lighten the mood a bit. It seemed to work, since Cronus chuckled. But then his face went dark. "I'll try... but I can't promise you won't get mad at me.... what I'm about to do might be reckless and actually affect our relationship... for better or for worse..." He stated quietly. You didn't like where this conversation was heading, but you knew better than to try and change Cronus's mind. "Fine. What d9 we need t9 d9?" you asked. He gave you a confused look. "vwe? Kanny I don't vwant you to suffer if I make a mistake. Our relationship may fail, but that doesn't mean you need to get hurt in the process. Please just let me do what I need to do..." he cried but you shut him up with a kiss. when you pulled away, he was blushing and that made you blush too. "L99k idi9t, that isn't h9w a relti9nship w9rks. If 9nly 9ne pers9n makes an eff9rt, then it bec9mes unbalanced. We g9 t9gether 9r we d9n't g9 d9wn at all. Am I clear?" y9u snapped. He blushed even more as he stood there speechless. "Crystal." he finally responded. "G99d. N9w what d9 we have t9 d9?" you asked again. He threw his hand behind his head and took a deep breath. "I think... vwe need to contact Meulin. Remember hovw you vwanted to learn sign language? vwell that might be a good idea..."

"Are y9u sure she w9n't be triggered by this Cr9nus???" you asked as you pulled out your phone. You had put the boys to bed early since it was already late and there was school tomorrow. Cronus shrugged his shoulders as he sat down on the couch next to you. "Maybe. Hovw should I knovw? Meulin is pretty unpredictable, but I mean, you and her are close, so hovw mad can she really get?" He huffed. You sighed, staring at your phone, when all of a sudden you got a text from Porrim...

PM: Kanny darling, we go+t a bit o+f a pro+blem

KV: What's wr9ng P9rrim???

PM: Well, uhm, I wo+uld really rather no+t get into+ it o+ver text...

KV: Well we can't c9me meet y9u anywhere, the b9ys are asleep

PM: That's o+kay! We'll c9me t9 y9u!

KV: We???

PM: O+h right, uhm, Well yo+u see, I'm with Rufio+h, Ho+russ, Meulin, and Kurlo+z

KV: w9ah wait what? where are y9u guys???

PM: Meulin's place...

KV: 9h my g9d 0-0

PM: Kanny we are all very wo+rried abo+ut yo+u and Cro+nus

KV: WHAT??? WHY??? WHAT THE HELL IS G9ING 9N???

PM: Let us co+me o+ver and we'll explain everything

KV: Jesus christ fine! But if y9u manage t9 wake up my exhausted br9thers, y9ur g9ne. G9t it?

PM: See yo+u so+o+n Kanny!~

"Such a persistent w9man..." you groaned. Cronus looked at you with confusion and you realized you still had to explain your conversation to him. "P9rrim, Rufi9h, H9russ, Meulin, and Kurl9z are c9ming 9ver. I guess there is a pr9blem that c9ncerns us..." you huffed. Cronus's eyes went wide. "Kanny, babe... I dunno if you realize this... But how exactly are all our friends connected to us?" he asked quietly. You looked at him dumbfounded. What could he possibly mean? "Well um, let's see, P9rrim has been like a m9ther t9 me f9r as l9ng as I can remember. Meulin was my childh99d sweetheart and covered as my prom date when y9u and I started dating. Kurl9z was my childh99d best friend bef9re he went crazy and started hanging 9ut with Meulin. And Rufi9h and H9russ were actually y9ur friends bef9re Rufi9h came 9ut as gay..." you trailed off. Cronus sighed. "Come on Kanny use that magnificent head of yours! vwhat do they all havwe in common? vwhy vwould that particular group of people vwanna come talk to us all at once???" he snapped. As his words sunk in, you finally understood what he meant. "Kindness... They've all sh9wn us a kindness by accepting wh9 we are... S9 then... the 9nly p9ssible scenari9 I can think of is... a warning..." you barely managed to whisper. "Exactly. They're coming here to vwarn us about somefin... The only question is, vwhat could havwe them so vworried about us???" Cronus hummed. For some reason, the situation also had you a bit worried as well. You had this awful feeling that tonight was going to be dreadful. Despite visiting with your wonderful friends.

((OH MY GOD I CANNOT BELIEVE HOMESTUCK ENDED!!!! Especially since (And I hate to say it but-) this story also needs to come to an end. I am going to update 2 more chapters, Valedictorian and Inseparable. Making this story exactly 21 chapters long was my intended goal from chapter 1, And thanks to all the love and support from you wonderful readers at home, My goal has become a reality. Of course, This doesn't mean the end of my writing. As soon as I publish the last chapter of this story, I will begin to finish Banana King (A Len Kagamine FanFic), as well as create two more stories, Stop Playing Games (A Shizaya FanFic) and My Alien Prince (A VegeBul FanFic). So I ask you dear readers, If you loved this story, Please please PLEASE follow me for updates on my future works, and hopefully you'll enjoy reading them as well. Thanks again for everything you guys. It's been an honor producing one of the most popular CronKri FanFics on wattpad. And remember: Good Fandoms Don't Die, They Go GodTier ^_^ xoxoxo ~Nikk))