Nothing Can Break Us

Cronus POV:

Ugh. Last night was so dramatic. The boys ended up falling asleep after the 3rd movie so you and Kankri put them in the guest bedroom. You woke up to the sound of someone in the kitchen. Kankri wasn't beside you so you assumed he was the one in the kitchen. You got up and looked in the mirror. You were wearing nothing but an old pair of seahorse boxers, and your hair was draping over your eyes. "Damn, I'm sexy in the morning. No wonder Kankri loves my body hehe" you chuckled to yourself. You walked out into the hall to find your tired little brother walking out of the guest room. "vwell don't vwe just look fly as fuck this mornin." you said as Eridan rubbed his eyes. It was just way too ironic. You and your brother pretty much looked identical if not for his random purple hair streak and his glasses. He looked you up and down before sighing. "Don't get all sentimental on my ass just because wwe look similar. I'm sure Kankri and Karkat havve to deal wwith shit like this all the time!" he snapped. You couldn't help but chuckle. Neither you or your brother were morning people, But Kankri had you on a better sleep schedule so waking up just came more naturally to you. You walked out into the living room and you both had to try your damnedest not to laugh. Kankri was in the Kitchen making breakfast and Karkat was sitting in the living room. But since Karkat's clothes were torn and his hair was ripped, Kankri had lent him some of his old clothes and a wig from his days of trying to hide himself. Karkat didn't seem to mind but it was just so funny because they looked damn near identical. You guess Eridan was right. They did have the same problem. You looked at Eridan who looked over at you and the both of you couldn't stand it anymore. You both burst out laughing and Kankri and Karkat stopped what they were doing to look at you. "WHAT'S SO FUCKING FUNNY?" Karkat hissed. You both stopped laughing for a sec to catch your breath. "Sorry Kar. Wwe wwere just talking about howw identical wwe all look to each other... then wwe wwalked out of the hall to find you dressed like Kankri... Guess wwe got out of hand..." Eridan smirked. Karkat rolled his eyes and went back to his book. Eridan went to turn on the TV and you followed Kankri into the kitchen. "Mornin babe." You said as you wrapped your arms around his waist. He giggled as you kissed his neck but you were interrupted by loud voices out side of the door. Angry, scared, familiar voices. "Wh9 in their right minds w9uld be yelling 9utside this early in the m9rning?" Kankri huffed. He took your hand and lead you down the hall with your curious brothers following close behind. When Kankri looked out the peephole he froze and squeezed your hand. "Dammit Kanny vwhat's going on?" you whispered. He just pulled himself away from the door, mumbling and shaking his head. he rushed into your bedroom and you told the boys to go into their room. They began to protest but you gave them a look that said you meant business. They went into their rooms and you looked out of the peephole to find both Kankri's father and your own arguing on your doorstep. This was not going to be good.

You opened the door to see both of the men glaring at you. "CRONUS FUCKING AMPORA YOU BETTER EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT THE EVERLIVING SHITFUCK IS GOING ON HERE!!!" your father screeched. Mr. Vantas growled. "IS THAT HONESTLY ANY WAY TO SPEAK TO YOUR OWN CHILD? YOU MAKE ME SICK!" he snapped at your father. Your dad replied with a quick eye roll before pushing himself past you. "Eridan told me he was staying the night so I figured I would come by and see how you were doing. But what am I greeted to? THIS DOUCHEBAG GROWLING AT ME AND TRYING TO PUSH HIS BELIEFS ON ME!!! Now is there something you ain't telling me kid? Cuz you know I don't take kindly to liars." he asked impatiently. You gulped but acted cool. "I havwe no idea vwhat your talkin about old man. I vwould nevwer lie to you." you sighed. He grinned viciously. "Oh really? Then were is your brother? And why is Dr. Vantas here?" he snapped. you rolled your eyes. "Eridan's still sleeping and I asked Dr. Vantas if he could help me with my psychology essay. Anything else?" you groaned. He had to think for a minute before pushing past you again and opening the door to the guest bedroom. FUCK! there he saw Karkat and Eridan who looked up. Eridan stood up and Karkat squeeked a little. "I KNEW IT!!! YOU LYING LITTLE SHIT!!! WHERE THE FUCK IS YOUR STUPID LITTLE BOY TOY??" Your dad snarled as he rushed to your bedroom door and throwing that one open as well. You had expected to see Kankri curled up in the corner but he was nowhere to be seen. Your closet wasn't big enough for him to fit inside so he wasn't in there either. You were really scared at first but then you saw Kankri's red sweater beside you. "Mr. Amp9ra I presume? It's nice t9 finally meet y9u. Unf9rtunately, I wish it was under better circumstances." Kankri said calmly. You stood there frozen in your tracks. You had never seen this side of Kankri before. His tone of voice was very cold and he was eerily calm. "I would say the same thing to you. Unfortunately, You made my son into a faggot. It's nice to see you have the balls to speak to me without pissing yourself though. Guess you aren't as much of a pussy as I thought." Your father smirked. You growled along with Mr. Vantas but Kankri remained calm and took a step towards your dad. "There are a l9t 9f things y9u d9n't kn9w ab9ut me Mr. Amp9ra. I w9uldn't mind explaining myself t9 y9u, but I understand your upset with me. Why d9n't y9u just g9 h9me, have a drink, and clear y9ur head. But d9 n9t c9me back  until y9u are willing t9 listen. If y9u refuse t9 leave, 9r y9u return in an angered state, then I will ph9ne the p9lice. 9h, and I think it's best if Eridan stayed with us f9r a while. I d9n't believe he wishes t9 return t9 y9ur care anyways. If y9u attempt t9 take him against his will, then I will have n9 ch9ice but t9 ph9ne child services as well." Kankri stated. You looked at him in shock. Was this really your boyfriend? Your father was shocked too. He had never been spoken to that way. Especially not from someone so much younger than him. He collected his composure and left the house without another word.

You all ran up to Kankri and gave him a giant group hug. "I'm so proud of you son!""Thank you for not makin me go back wwith him Kankri...""HOLY SHIT THAT WAS SO COOL KANKS!!!""Babe, that vwas incredible!!!""Thank y9u every9ne but can I please have a m9ment al9ne with Cr9nus? I think we need to talk..." He shouted over everyones voices. Everyone was so happy that they immediatley left the room. He scuttled over and sat down on the bed and he started shaking. A small hint of fear went down your spine. "Kanny, baby, vwhats vwrong?" you asked. He looked up at you with terrified eyes that made your heart sink. He was crying. You rushed up to him and tackled him. The two of you fell on the bed in a tangled web of each other. "I *hic* I c9uld stand it Cr9nus... I h-had t9 *hic* say s9mething... a-and n9w... *hic* I'm j-just s-so... *hic* scared.... w-whats going t-to *hic* happen to us now?" he choked out. You wanted to cry with him. Happy tears of course. But if he saw you crying, it would only make things worse. So you just pulled him as close to you as possible and kissed him. He had to gasp for air every now and then but you didn't stop for long. Every time you touched him, it reminded you of why you were fighting. He was the most precious thing in the world to you. And you never wanted to let go. Finally, you stopped kissing him and he buried himself into your bare chest. "Kanny, listen, vwhat you did today... I couldn't believwe it. I vwas speechless. I don't think I could find anyone else I vwould rather spend my life vwith. You stood up to my old man. that's somefin evwen I could nevwer do! I'm just... I'm so happy... Your the best thing that evwer happened to me. You don't havwe any reason to be scared lovwe. Nothing in the vworld could evwer keep me avway from you." you whispered soothingly into his ear. his breathing returned to normal and before long, he was giving you little neck kisses. "I l9ve y9u s9 much Cr9nus... I refuse t9 let any9ne take y9u away fr9m me... Y9u always say that y9u'll always find me n9 matter what... but y9u can't leave me al9ne at all... At least n9t anym9re... N9t if I can help it..." He wimpered. You blushed and kissed him again. You kissed for a long time before Mr. Vantas knocked on the door. "You boys okay?" he hummed. Kankri shot up straight and ran to the mirror to fix himself up. "Yes we're fine dad" He said as he opened the door. "Cronus, put 9n s9me cl9thes and meet us in the living r99m." he said as he left the room. You never felt more proud of him. It was time to set the wheels in motion for your plan.

((OKAY FIRST OF ALL, lets just be proud of Kankri for a second here. He deserves some love from his wonderful supporters out there :3 SECONDLY the video I updated with just totally hit me right in the feels. I mean the lyrics are just so.... CronKri. Like I can totally just sit there, and imagine at first Kankri would just be like, "You and I might not be the best thing" but then Cronus is like "But you havent had enough" and then Kankri has to sit and think for a sec, but then he's just like, "Yeah maybe you and I might just be the best thing". Like holy shit this song is my headcanon theme song for CronKri. Okay thank you again for reading and I love you all and I'll update soon. Okay? Okay. ~Nikk))