5

Luke placed the eggs on the pieces of bread and bacon, putting some herbs on before sending the plate of eggs benedicts out of the kitchen and watching one of the waitresses carry it out to the restaurant.

Luke grabbed another order from Alexander before starting to make the batter to some kind of pastry the restaurant was famous for on their breakfast menu.

Luke was anxious and excited to see Calum today since after so long, and him being stuck at work while the clock was ticking unbearably slow was not helping Luke's nerves at all.

I slim hand was suddenly in front of Luke's eyes and a finger belonging to the hand dipped down to the batter Luke was working on.

"Hey, no!" Like said and pushed the hand away. He looked up and pouted, locking eyes with the light brunette girl and sighing loudly.

"Don't touch this, I don't know where your hand has been"

"My hands are clean" the brunette girl spoke and dipped her finger in the batter once again.

"Lexi, stop it" Luke sighed and pushed his friend's hand away, making her pout.

"Luke, I just stayed up all night writing my English essay that was due today and then got here at 8 AM to serve bratty business men and women. I need some sugar, there's no other way I'm gonna make it through otherwise"

Luke looked at Lexi before pouring the batter onto a baking pan and handed the leftovers in the bowl to her. She grinned and took it, finding a spoon before jumping up on a clean space on the counter and started eating.

"You know, you shouldn't be allowed to complain because I work and I have a four year old son that need attention and food almost every hour of the day. College is nothing compared to that" Luke said as he placed the pan in the oven. Lexi scoffed.

"First; you never even went to college so you don't know how it is" Lexi said and pointed the spoon at Luke, making som batter drop on the floor and she grimaced. "Second; your kid is a sweetheart, he never does anything to cross you. He's like a teddy bear, he's nothing for you to use as an excuse. The fact that you are a father is cool though, I respect that, so we can share the rest of the sugar"

"Fine" Luke said and picked up a spoon before walking over and dipping it in the bowl. "How's college anyway? Am I missing a lot of great parties?" Luke asked and looked up to see Lexi shake her head frantically.

"You'd think that college have these great parties and that's what it's all about, but no, that's only in movies" she said and the look on her face was actually surprised, making Luke chuckle.

"There's just exams and essays and assignments and soon death I think. It's a hell hole, that's what it is" Lexi whined.

"You're exaggerating" Luke said and scraped some more batter from the bowl and put it in his mouth before walking over to the oven to check on the baking batter.

"Well, 'exaggerate' is my middle name, so" Lexi said and shrugged. Luke snorted before taking out the fully baked base of the pastry and let it cool off before Alexander could keep working on it.

Luke stepped back to stretch his arms over his head and yawning long and loud, rubbing the back of his hands over his eyes before blinking to get his sight back.

"What's with all the yawning?" Lexi asked as she put the bowl by the dishes and looked up at Luke with furrowed eyebrows.

"I was up pretty light last night. I only got like 4 hours of sleep" Luke grumbled.

"Why?"

"Because I was up texting with-" Luke started but cut himself off.

"I had to put Leon to bed numerous of times because he had nightmares" he said instead but rolled his eyes when seeing Lexi wearing a big smirk on her face.