23

"I'm nervous" Luke spoke as he pulled at the collar of his button-up shirt. He didn't really feel comfortable in other shirts than sweatshirts and t-shirts, but this was for a special occasion.

"Why? It will be fine," Ashton spoke and turned away from the mirror to look at Luke, "And you were the one proposing so you should feel more than happy to tell our families"

"I am happy to tell them," Luke said and sighed as his collar didn't do as he wanted it too, "I'm just nervous for their reactions, you know? I mean, we haven't even told the kids yet"

Ashton laughed softly and walked over to Luke to fix the blonde's collar before looking him in the eyes and smiled reassuringly.

"Do you know how many times both Peach and Leon has gone on and on about us getting married so they can be 'real' siblings? When we tell them they will be happy, for sure" Ashton spoke and placed a sweet kiss on Luke's lips before going back to dress himself.

Luke stood still on his spot and watched Ashton with adoring eyes. His boyfriend - his fiancé.

"I love seeing that on your finger" Luke spoke gently and eyed the golden ring that was securely wrapped around Ashton's ring finger.

Ashton looked down at his finger as it was mentioned, and smiled big as he twirled the ring around, admiring the soft feeling of the beautiful gold jewelry.

"I'm gonna buy you a ring some day. Something to show you just how much you mean to me" Luke mumbled and he walked over to Ashton and draped his arms around the honey-blond's waist.

Ashton looked at Luke for a while before breaking out in a smile and shook his head. "Don't do that. This ring it all that's needed and more. You don't understand how much it means to me that you let me wear this ring. It belongs to your family, and still you're willing to let me wear it"

"Well," Luke spoke and pressed his lips against Ashton's forehead, down to his nose, and then to his lips before speaking again, "You are my family"

Ashton breathed out a laugh and gave Luke a few sweet pecks on the lips before going back to dress again. Luke did the same, grimacing slightly at the shirt he was wearing. It looked nice, it was just that it was a bit too tight around his shoulders, making him feel like he couldn't move his arms.

Him, Ashton, and the kids were holding a dinner for their families to show off their new apartment, but also to tell them the exciting news, and it apparently meant 'dress nice'.

Luke knew everyone in his family would be happy for them. He knew everyone loved Ashton and Peach, but he still couldn't help but feel nervous. Hell, it was an engagement, and he was only 21 years old! It was like he already had his whole life planned out, and only a few months ago he could legally drink for the first time.

His brothers were not even close to get engaged or having kids, but Luke had both. Even an amazing apartment with his fiancé and their 2 kids. So yeah, Luke had possibly everything, while most people in his age were still getting hammered on weekends and weekdays.

He didn't regret a single thing though. There wasn't a single bit of him that thought this was a bad idea, because he knew that he loved Ashton and he knew that Ashton loved him, and that's all it takes for Luke to know he wants to spend the future with the honey-blond.

"If you don't like the shirt, change it. You don't have to wear it just because it's new" Ashton spoke after a while of watching Luke sigh and mutter in his new shirt.

"Yeah" Luke mumbled after one last look and unbuttoned the shirt to get himself out of it with a content sigh. Ashton rolled his eyes but chuckled before throwing a white long sleeved t-shirt over to the blonde.